Tuesday, April 02, 2013

You are food, food for my soul...

Today, before work, I went by mom to get the morning paper, like I do every morning (she reads it and puts it out for me to take to work and read).  I asked her what she was doing today, and she said she was going to get a free oil change in her car, and the place she was getting it down just happens to be in the city that I work in.  So we decided we'd get lunch.

She called me later in the morning when she was finished and we decided to go to Panera Bread.  Yummy.  So we got there and both ordered the You Pick 2, although we got different stuff.  And we had a delicious meal with great company (and some eye candy, both in customers there and employees...but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who enjoyed that part of it).  But the best part of the whole time was that she insisted on paying for both meals!  I intended on buying mine but as I said, she insisted.

During the meal she told me she had something for me out in the car.  So after we ate, we went there, and she handed me this:


I sometimes wonder if she remembers I'm diabetic. But she knows I LOVE chocolate covered caramel.  And she said, "I know it's not good for you, so just eat it a tiny little piece at a time."  Um, yeah, that's gonna happen.

After work, I stopped by the grocery store and when I got home I started to put the groceries away.  Upon opening the fridge, I noticed this inside:


And it was something I had not purchased.  So Called mom and said, "You'll never guess what happened?  I got a visit from the Strawberry Fairy!" Mom laughed and said they were from her.  She said after we ate, she too went to the grocery store and they had a good deal on strawberries, so she bought a few cartons of them and gave me one.

And then she asked, "Can you eat them without shortcake?"  Pffft, DUH!  I LOVE strawberries!  I'll eat them anyway I can.

So, the bottom line for today was a free lunch and strawberries, both thanks to Mama Polt, and lots of fun chatting with her as well.  A good day, in other words!

POLT

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Aw, Mama Polt is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Mmm - I love chocolate! Milk, dark, and everything in between. Both the food product and my men!

My latest recipe that I acquired knowledge of is a chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache all over it. Seriously delicious and easy to make.