Saturday, April 06, 2013

We lived out our grand finale...

So, Season 3 of The Walking Dead is history.  How do I feel about the season finale?  Rather meh actually.

I'm kinda pissed they killed Andrea.  I liked her.  Well not sure much this past season, cause she was kind of an idiot during this season, but before that, she was one of the few characters on the TV show that actually grew.  In the beginning, she was little more than a typical screaming at everything zombie victim.  But during the show, she suffered the loss of her sister, learned to fire a gun and become a crack shot, she became tough, going to far as to allow the blond chick to kill herself, if that's what she wanted.  She even survived the winter, outside the entire time, with just Michonne to keep her company.

But this season?  Oh she was taken to Woodbury, didn't see the Governor for who he was, even though Michonne was telling her and despite the fact Merle, someone she knew to be an idiot and troublemaker, was his right hand man.  And of course, since the series is written by men, she had to, as an attractive blonde, just fall into bed with a powerful man, instead of be her own strong woman.  It's a terribly waste of a pretty darn good character.  So I suppose, since they didn't know what to do with her anyway, I guess it's better she just dead.

But what happened to the Governor and the two guys?  I mean, the Governor slaughters all the people he took with him and then he.....does what?  Where are they gonna go, if not back to Woodbury?  And why NOT go back to Woodbury?  But instead they go.....somewhere else?  Oh I KNOW we'll see him again, and I understand the reasons for that within the context of a tv series.  But for the character, it makes no sense.

It also makes no sense that upon entering the prison complex, one of the vehicles runs over a set of rumble strips, blowing out all it's tires, and YET, when they flee, EVERY vehicle leaves together.  But at this sloppy writing, which occurs all the time, I simply shrug my shoulders any more.

And Carl needs to be spanked and sent to a corner for a time out.  The kid irritates the HELL outta me.

So yeah, now we await Season 4.  Hopefully the writing becomes less sloppy.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I liked comic Andrea better than tv Andrea. She was much more kick ass. It bugged me that she was taking her sweet time getting out of those handcuffs.

I'm over the Governor and the jail - let's move on!

Carl irritates me, too. He takes after his mother that way.