Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A dragon backpack, she can heal you....

For years, I've been taking a backpack to work, to carry...well whatever I need to carry into work.  I also take it with me when I go to Toronto or elsewhere on vacation.

Back sometime before my last trip to Toronto, which was in April 2009.  I did love the backpack: it had two large pockets one in front of the other, each with their own zippers, and a nice pocket in the front that could hold my pills, oatmeal packets, phone, etc, etc.  But, as it was an older backpack, well, it started showing its age.  The straps got worn and started fraying.  And then last month...the zipper on the front pocket broke and wouldnt move.  (insert frowny face here)

So, of course I had to get another one.  Off to Wal-Mart I went.  And I found they only had ONE type of all black backpack.  So i bought it.  For only $8.88 dollars.  Course, I HATED it.  It only had one large pocket. It had two pockets on the front, one atop the other, but to lock the zippers you had to pull them all the way across the top of each pocket and down one side to the bottom of the pocket.  Wha?  I couldn't leave the zipper un-zipped cause things would roll out.  And it was just of a.....lower crappy quality than I was used to.  So after struggling with it for a few days, maybe a week, I just had to get another one.

So when I was Target with mom, I found one, and bought it.  This one was $14.99.  It was of much better quality. It only has one large pocket and one small pocket on the front, and I'm okay with that cause both of them zipper properly (just across the top, not down the side), and have enough room for all my needs!  So now, I'm happy once again.

The first, good old backpack....ah, the memories.

The cheap, crappy Wal-Mart backpack.

And my current one...yay.

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone had recommended this one to me. They have waterproof versions too.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/showdown-laptop-backpack/2615029

A tad more expensive but it looks like it's built like the proverbial brick shit house.

Michelle M. said...

I miss my green Jansport backpack. I carried that thing around until it fell apart.

You need one of these:
http://www.geekalerts.com/superman-and-batman-caped-backpacks/

Or this:http://www.geekalerts.com/dc-comics-superman-plush-backpack/

Or this:http://www.flickriver.com/photos/46106946@N04/4232098289/