Friday, July 19, 2013

Riders on the storm....

So a pretty nasty storm went through here just a few minutes ago.  Lots of wind, even more rain, thunder, lightning, even a lil bit of hail.  Before the thing got here, as it got dark and cloudy, I was on the front porch watching.  As the rain hit, I went inside.  I had the Weather Channel on the TV and kept walking back and forth between the front door and what was going on in the street out front, and the back door, to see what was going on in the alley. I was almost pacing back and forth, almost like a caged animal.

It's weird, when I lived at home, and then for the 12 years I was in the apartment, I never cared about the weather.  Only one, when the local news was saying there was a tornado warning, did I panic a bit, and go to my parents, pick up Angel and take her to their basement (the parents weren't home).  Other than that, come storm, hail, blizzard or whatever, I cared nary a bit.

But now, geez, everything little thing gets me antsy.  Bad thunderstorms?  Pacing like today.  Snowstorm warnings?  Bouncing back and forth between the local TV weather station and looking outside at how much it's stacking up, worrying about when I'm gonna get out and shovel it.  Hurricane Sandy last November?  Glued to the TV set watching the Weather Channel for like 11 hours, worried about the rain, winds and flooding of my basement.

I mean, the difference is crazy.  I know I own this place, so if something needs repairing, I can't just call the landlord and have him do it, but I think it's more than that.  Maybe cause I'm older now and...*GASP* more mature perhaps?  I dont know.  I just find it funny how different about that I am now.  Although, I dont like all the worry and stress when the weather gets bad.  But, eh, what can ya do?

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at a bon voyage party for a friend who is leaving The InfoSec Company whose name I shall not speak. I worked there once too. He tells me other people are bailing like rats.

That being said - interesting crowd. Some eye candy, and the weather was cooperative. Skies clear enough to see stars and jets overhead.

Amie said...

The older you get the more you sound like my dad.