Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Bah humbug", no that's too strong, cause it's my favorite holiday.....

So, today is the Third Anniversary of the Puntabupoolparty of 2010.  (you can read my posts about it HERE).  Three years....wow.  It doesn't seem that long ago.

So what, to my own limited knowledge, have the people there done since then?  Let's find out.

Craiggers got a house and a cat of his own.
Craiggers' sister Amanda married her girlfriend in Cancun.
Craiggers' parents (Patricia and Sonny) now have the house ALL to themselves.
Tam has become the Canadian Norma Rae.
Tam's Kidlette, Kristen, graduated school and is preparing to start college in, I think Vancouver.
They both have traveled extensively through the US and Canada.
Michelle & Harry now have a entire FLOCK of birds living with them.
Justin has Alan.
Nathan graduated college and is soon on his way to Japan!
FDot has been to the ocean several times, to Colorado at least once, and I think, although I may be mistaken, was in California for a trip as well.
VUBOQ changed his job and moved through several more letters of the alphabet.
Chris D. got even more involved in all his activities and kinda disappeared from the blogsphere.
Paul has changed jobs, visited me twice at my house and been to DC Pride twice.
Enrico graduated college and now has a job with a view from his office of the Empire State Building.
Josh and David P. split up.  Josh now has a new man and they are currently traveling along the West Coast.  David P. got anther job and is still involved heavily in the theater.
Mikey met and married Ty.
Adam met and got engaged to Mr. Sombrero.
Jere graduated law school and is now working on all kinds of civil rights activities.

And me?  .....eh, not so much.  I still have the same house, the same job (with a view of a metal door in a concrete block hallway), I am not married, engaged or even dating, I have not traveled anywhere...Toronto probably forgets what I look like.  So BAH!

Oh Bossy Know-It-All Coworker did retire, so work has improved 1000% fold...but thats not something I DID....just something that happened to me.

And since then, yes, I DID meet Kris, but I dont really know what we ever WERE, much less what we are now (if anything) and what we'll be in the future.  And yeah, there was Angel for a few weeks, and Sean for a month or two in the summer of 2011.  And there is Louis, who I like a lot, but with him in DC and me here, really...what's gonna happen there.

So....yeah, like I said....BAH.  I mean I'm glad for everyone else!  But it just seems like I've been stagnant.  I'm not really unhappy, honestly, but I'm a bit...underwhelmed at my last three years when comparing it to everyone else.

Ah well....to summarize: everyone else has had an exciting amazing time since the Puntabupoolparty (to varying degrees) and me, no not really.  But I'm still happy with my life.  More or less.

Still....BAH.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hey - I always say, no news is good news! (Besides the budgies, we haven't had much happen in the past 3 years. Which is okay by me).