Monday, July 15, 2013

Climbing up the charts and out your stereo....

Went to my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment today.  Since April, I've been slacking off on eating right and exercising, well up until like three weeks ago.  Then I decided I better do in three weeks what I should have been doing for the last three months, so starting then, I tried to eat a little bit better and get out and walk more.  And then Thursday I had my bloodwork, with today being my office visit.

(While I was sorta good prior to the bloodwork, between then and my office visit, that's my go crazy period, my "The Purge" period, if you will.  Even though I still walked, I gorged myself on all the food I shouldn't have been eating: pork fried rice, huge bowl of pasta and The Olive Garden, a 12 inch sub, potato chips, regular soda, tacos, all that sorta stuff.  Shhh, don't tell my doctor!)

So when I got in there, I asked her for the bad news, and she said my A1C was 8.5.  Not good, but not much worse than the 8.4 that it was back in April.  Only an incremental increase, unlike the sizable jumps previous to that.  So I was happy about that.  And it motivated me too, cause I thought, "If I did that well not really trying hard for most of the time, how well could it have been if I DID try?"  And so now, I feel motivated to try to find out.

Everything else was good: blood pressure perfect as always, cholesterol at only 152, the bad at a 79, the good cholesterol a little low at 33, triglycerides a little high, but nothing too much to worry about in any of those (I think those were the numbers, they might be off a little, but the results are correct).

All in all, not a great report, but I'm happy with it, mainly because my A1C didn't go through the roof again.  It's just kinda hanging out right against the ceiling, just waiting for me to go get it an bring it back down into the room.

Here's a graph I made charting my A1C history since I started with this doctor.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Take care of yourself, or I will tell your doctor on you : ).