Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm leaving, on a jet plane, dont know when I'll be back again....

Two of my cousins, their mother, and the 7 year old son of one of them are taking a trip to England, to spend at least a week, possibly two (I forget) visiting friends and touring the country.

They were to leave Harrisburg Airport today at 1:30 and fly to Dulles airport outside DC.  They had an hour delay in Harrisburg, but still got to Dulles in time.  Their flight from Dulles to Heathrow was to leave at 5:30.  Two minutes before they were to take off, they were told to disembark.  There was a fuel leak over one of the wings, so they had to empty to entire plane of people AND luggage, empty all the fuel out, figure out what the problem is, fix it, load it with fuel and then load the people.

As of ten minutes ago, when my cousin got off the phone with my mom, no one had yet reboarded the plane!

My cousin said they made the announcement that the plane should be ready to leave in an hour, BUT according to her, it takes longer than that just to get everyone and all the luggage back on the plane.

My cousin said there are people there waiting with them who was supposed to be on a flight to London LAST NIGHT, but there was a problem with the plane, so the airline put them up in a hotel overnight, and got them on THIS plane.  That's now delayed nearly four hours.

And when my cousin hung up, she said her mother and sister were on their back to her carrying three day food vouchers, or something.  She said that didn't sound like it was a good thing.

I haven't flown very much (twice to England, once to the Bahamas, once to Canada), but I never had anything like this!  And thank God I didn't!  Man, this would just drive me freaking NUTS!  I hope they get there sometime...well, soonish.

POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is what I predicted some time ago. Airlines aren't doing the maintenance they should be on aircraft. So things break all the time. This has been a noticeable trend since 2007 or so.

You couldn't pay me enough to fly anywhere right now.