Monday, October 05, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 278)...

Chapter 10, Page 4...

Sunday, I got up about 10:00.  Well woke up before that but just hung out in bed, reading and putzing around on my phone.  When I actually GOT up, I showered, dressed, came downstairs and read the paper.  Then I waited for mom to come by.  When she got here, I drove us to Hagerstown.  We went to the Christmas Tree Store, where she had to return a few things, and I wanted to get an Autumn wreath for the front door, which I did, as well as a few other things.

Then we went to Lowes, where we got a few things, including a light switch.  My ceiling fan lights were not turning on when I flipped the switch, so we got a replacement.  After that, we went to El Ranchero and had a delicious lunch.

Then we came back here, and the first thing was to change out the light switch.  This involved me going to the basement to the switch box to figure out which switch turned off the power to the bedroom.  And I marked it, so now we know.

But anyway, we hooked it up one way...down to the basement to turn the power on, not working, so turn the power back off and go back upstrairs.  Switch the wires around on the switch, go back to the basement, hit the switches....doesn't work.  Turn power off go back upstairs.  Then mom realized, we got the wrong switch.  This was a switch for a light that was attached to two switches.  I wasn't sure why that should matter, but I figured she's dealt with light switches and stuff at her house for like 45 years, so she knows.

So we packaged the switch back up and went to the local Lowes, where we returned it and bought a switch that works by itself...or whatever it's called.  brought that home, and hooked it up.  Went to the basement to turn the power on....nothing.  Turn the power off, go back upstairs and switch the wires, go back to the basement, turn power on, and....nothing.  So I come upstairs and went I get there mom says, "Hey the ceiling FAN works."  SIGH.

The problem was NOT with the switch, the problem was with the light apparatus on the ceiling fan.  *SIGH*  So she was going to call the electrician and ask him to come look at it, hopefully this week.  I'll be at work, but she can come in and let him in, so that's why she was calling.

After this,we took the a/c out of the bedroom and the dining room, getting done everything we set out to get done.  She then went home, and I settled in on the sofa to watch Washington win (boo), the 49ers lose (yay!), and then, Dallas lose in overtime (dammit!).  And then I went to bed and as it was almost midnight and I was tired, I didn't read, just settled in and went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: