Thursday, October 16, 2014

Oh my God, I swear, were it possible, I would punch today square in the throat.  Or kick it right in the nads.    It just that bad of a day so far.

Yesterday morning when I went for my paper it wasn't on my porch, nor on my neighbors porch, which has been happening all too often since the old delivery person left.  This morning, once again, nothing on my porch, but there WAS one on the neighbor's porch, so I got that one (more on this later) and was on my way to work.

I was in a grumpy mood all day, from the time I woke up.  Driving to work didn't help at all.  At work, There's something new I'm supposed to be working on, but I dont have access to what I need and even if I did, I dont know how to use what I need when I get access.  And so I've been stressed about how all this is backing up and how I'm gonna get it done. And then, a coworker was wrapped up for most of the morning dealing with another agency, and agency that's ALWAYS a pain to deal with. I had to help with that.

But then came lunch.  Had a big salad (and only one grilled ham & cheese sandwich...it was small), and I opened the paper to read like I do every lunchtime and....it was yesterday's paper.  Yep.  Oh was I pissed!  So I called the paper and left a message for the circulation manager and pretty much told her this needs fixed or I'm canceling my subscription AND telling everyone just how bad the delivery is.  And I told her to call me back after 430 when I'd be home.

So at noon, I was supposed to get a client on the phone for something important, but I didn't have any paperwork.    The call was to begin at noon.  About 12:05 someone brings me paperwork the client had, the exact paperwork that I needed.  So I had to get the client  and hurry him up and get him on the phone.  And he was on there for damn near three hours!  And I had to sit in my office with him while he was on the phone and do....nothing.  I surfed Teh Interwebs until I even got bored with that.  Finally, though, he was done.  And then it was about time to do home.

Went to get groceries and had to deal with the idiots in the store.  On the way home the doctor's office called me.  Apparently, my insurance isn't gonna cover the gloucometer, test strips and lancet that the doctor prescribed me.  SO I'd have to call my insurance to find out which ones they WILL cover so my doctor can prescribe it.  And while I was the phone with them (driving, which I'm not supposed to be doing!) my phone rang again.  I let it go to message.

After I hung up with the doctor's office, I checked and saw mom called.  I thought I'll wait until I get home and see what she wanted.  Traffic was still a bunch of idiots, so that was a fun trip home.  I got here, parked the car, and before I even turned it off, the phone rang again.  Some number I didn't know, so I answered it.  The woman asked for Mr. Stone, and I told her that wasn't me, so we hung up.

As I'm walking into my house carrying everything, the neighbor pulls up and we talked a slight bit, and I told her, "I've had a bad day, just wanna go in, kick my shoes off an relax."  So I got in the door and the phone rang again, the same 'wrong' number as before.  But this time, the woman asked for me.  It was the circulation manager.  She apologized several times, told me she'd have it corrected tomorrow and said the problem was they were having several other delivery people fill in on this route until they could find a permanent person.  Which they 'might' have done today.  But at any rate, she said she's not back until Sunday and she's gonna call me Sunday late morning to see how things are going.  So we'll see.

Then I checked mom's message.  She was staying in Baltimore with my cousin and her new baby one more night, so she said I'd have to get her paper and mail again tonight. *SIGH*

So I put the groceries away, put my damn shoes back on and went to moms to get her stuff, before come back here, kicking off my shoes again and FINALLY getting to relax a bit.

All this doesn't count the normal stressors from work.  Nor how pissed I got reading comments on some new stories while online.  And I KNOW better than to do that.

But anyway, I plan on going to bed relatively early-ish.  Cause tomorrow at work, I'm by myself in my department until late morning.  And hopefully tomorrow will just be as bright and sunny and wonderful as today...wasn't.

POLT

No comments: