Saturday, October 25, 2014

Outside wearing my device, I came back in....

So today, the glucometer and the lancing device that my insurance covers arrived.   It's OneTouch.  And compared to the one the doctor gave me from her office, FreeStyle (which my insurance doesn't cover), well, the OneTouch simply....sucks.

When I got the FreeStyle home almost two weeks ago, it was easy to put the strip in the glucometer, the lancet in the lancing device and pull it out of the device when I was done.  The lancet usually got me a drop of blood the first time.  And it was extremely easy to get the blood onto the strip.  The entire time, from opening the box to putting everything back after the first test, took like 5 minutes.  It was that easy.

But of COURSE, the one that insurance WILL cover....well it does NONE of that.    I struggled with that for over 15 minutes.  And unlike the FreeStyle, I had to check the instructions THREE TIMES!


The lancing devices twists instead of pulling the end off.  Getting the used lancet out of the device is not easy.  I had to try to like four times and two lancets to get an adequate amount of blood.  I had to go through two strips until I figured out how to put the strip int eh glucometer correctly.

It's honestly a piece of crap compared to the other one. 

But it's free since my insurance covers all of it.  So there is that....

POLT

No comments: