Thursday, January 01, 2015

Okay, just some housecleaning, statistical type stuff from 2014.

During the past year, I watched 37 movies (including binge-watched TV shows or mini-series).  This is, I believe lower than past years;

2014: 37
2013: 53
2012: 53
2011: 78
2010: 52
2009: 55
2008: 56
2007: 55
2006: 67
2005: 71
2004: 95
2003: 120
2002: 101
2001: 75
2000: 40

I expect this number to increase this year as I'm now using Netflix Streaming instead of their DVD service (thanks again ALCMDPP!)
*****
As  mentioned in an earlier post, this past year I purchased 80 books at a cost of $813.24.  This does NOT include the graphic novels I bought, cause I didn't consider them 'books'.  But I think this year, I'll keep a running tab of the graphic novels separately, just to see how that looks.

Despite buying 80 book though, I only read 47 books (including the two books I started but couldn't finish), hence why my 'To-Be-Read' bookshelf has overflowed and has a few books stacked next to it.
*****
I have grouped those 47 books into the following categories:

Classics: 2
Percy Jackson series: 3
Presidents/Elections: 6
Superhero: 1
Star Trek: 1
Gay: 5
Doctor Who: 9
Nightrunner series: 1
Stephen King: 2
Historical: 10
General Fiction: 1
D&D: 5
Mortal Instruments series: 1
Photobook: 1
*****
Now for the slutty whore portion of this post.  Scroll down if you're not interested.

This past year I had sex 74 times with 22 guys, 9 of which were first time encounters (I know in an earlier post I gave a different number, but I miscounted previously and I had a new encounter in the late morning of December 31st).  My most regular partner was, by far, Derick.
*****
In July of 2013 of got a book at Ollie's called "Daily Dose Of Knowledge: History".  It had a one page bit of something historical for every day of the year.  Starting the beginning of last year, I read it and finished it up the end of the year. I didn't necessarily read it every night (usually while in bed before sleep) cause there was at least once when I had several days to catch up on at once.  But usually that IS when I read it.  And it covered all KINDS of historical stuff.  Let me just pick a few subjects at random:

The First Opium War
The Civil Rights Act Of 1964
Formation of The Arab League
The Rise Of Robert Walpole
Henry Kissinger (1923 - present)
The Dred Scott Decision
The Spartacus Slave Revolt
Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Vatican II
Vaclav Havel and the Velvet Revolution
The Ming Dynasty
The Hammurabi Code

Quite a variety of subjects.  And that's why it's so interesting to me.  Many thing I had heard of but knew little about, and some things I had never heard of before.  I enjoyed it so much I ordered the one titled "Daily Dose Of Knowledge", just the general book. It covers EVERYTHING: History, Literature, Science, who knows?  I ordered just a few days ago, so it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!
*****
I also wanted to list here how much time I had taken off work, but I didnt think to get the numbers before I left work...and I haven't been at work since last Saturday, so...oh well.
*****
But speaking of books, what better way to begin the new year than by....buying more books?  Yep, I went online and bought the last 5 books in the 10 books D&D characters series.  I DO love a book series AND D&D.  So let's end this post by putting up the first book note of the year:

Jan 1: 5 books for $43.82, average of $8.76 per book.

POLT

No comments: