Sunday, April 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 106 & 107)...

Chapter 4, Page 17...

Friday, at work, I was by myself.  It wasn't insanely busy or anything though.  The morning was a bit slow, but things picked up in the afternoon.

After work, I intended to just come home and have steak that I had at the house...but on the way home, I remember I still needed to get those passport photos taken to renew my passport.  So, when I got home, I called mom, told her I needed to go to Wal-Mart to get them and a few other things, and asked her to go along and maybe get something to eat afterwards.  She did.

Got the passport photos taken, got a few other things, she got what she needed.  And then we tried Applebees....but there was a ten minute wait, and while that's not long, there are simply too many places to eat out at the wait for seating.  Anywhere.  Of any time limit.

So instead, we went to Cafe Del Sol and had a delicious meal there.  I dropped her off and then came home.  One of the other things I got at Wal-Mart was the Blu Ray of "X-men: Days Of Future Past".  I had seen it last year at the theater, with ALCMDPP and Derick, but had not seen it since.  So after putting the groceries away, I settled in the watch it again.  And I enjoyed it again.  Just as much as I did when I saw it in the theater.  I picked up on a few little inconsistancies, but I was enjoying the movie so much, they didn't bother me.

After this, I wasted a bit more online and then went to bed.

Chapter 4, Page 18...

This morning (and yesterday morning as well) I managed to get up a bit early, between 645 and 700.  And that's something I've NOT been able to do since the time change back in March.  Going on Daylight Saving Time and losing that hour of sleep fucks with my sleep rhythm HARD.  Hopefully, I'm getting over that now though.

Work was busier than expected.  But it was still a good day.  And we had ordered food from a co-worker who helps with some emergency squad's fund raiser.  And that meant for lunch, I had and amazingly tasty BBQ half a chicken!  YUM!

After work, I got home and putzed around here.  Then took a walk.  It was warm enough for shorts, which is the first time I've worn shorts out of the house this year, so yay for that.  I tested my blood sugar before supper and it was still depressingly high.  Espeically after having taken a walk.  But the measurement before I went to bed was the exact same as when I had woken up this morning, so there is that.  And for supper I had had that steak and a salad.  I watched the extras on the XMen Blu Ray, putzed around some more online and then went to bed.

POLT

No comments: