Monday, April 06, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 94)...

Chapter 4, Page 5...

Normally on Sundays, I sleep in. I did not this Sunday.  And no it wasn't because it was Easter.  About 615, I got a text from a fuckbuddy who lives in Chambersburg saying that he was free to play between 8 and 3 if I wanted to come up.  He'd "take care of me",

So, at 8:00 am, off I went.  Drove up there, and take care of me he did.  Twice.  I returned home, got coffee at Rutters and then settled in to read the paper.  Following this, I putzed around online for a bit and read my book uptil it was time to go to Mom's for Easter dinner.  It was going to be me and her, not grandma, since she really can't leave the home, and my mom's brother.  Mom made ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, and we had homemade bread as well.  And for desert: ice cream.  The three of us sat around and talked for a lil while as well.

When I left, I went to the cemetery and put a hard boiled egg on Pap's grave, like I've done almost every year since he died in 1998.  Pap loved Easter, hiding the eggs outside and having us grandkids find them.  I hunted an egg up until I was nearly 30.  So, once he passed I took a decorated egg to his grave.

I came home and hung out here doing nothing, until mom came down.  Once a month, I turn my king sized mattress a quarter turn.  Once a year, I like to flip the mattress, and clean underneath the bed.  It's really too much for one person to handle, though, so mom helps me with it.  For whatever reason we didn't flip it last year, so I wanted to make sure I got it flipped this year.

And oh my God, what a pain in the ass that was!  We NEVER had that much trouble before. I don't know why it was so difficult, when it hadn't been before, but it was.  Afterwards, when we're in the living room recovering and laughing, we talked about what we had done wrong and how next year, we're not gonnna make those same mistakes.

There was little more I did in the afternoon but read.  For supper I had a tv dinner that had 81 grams of crabs...nearly two meals worth of carbs! (I dont know what possessed me to buy it in the first place!)  After eating it and feeling a bit guilty, I took a walk.

My walk tracking app got all wonky again, and I didn't get an accurate reading.  (I did rewalk the same route backwards today, so now I have an accurate reading).   And after this, I just hung out here on the computer or reading before I went to bed.

Also, I realized last night was the first Sunday night I had noting to watch on TV since Labor Day!  From Labor Day until February, there was football.  After the Super Bowl, there was Downton Abbey/The Walking Dead.  But no...bubkiss!

POLT

No comments: