Monday, April 27, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 115)...

Chapter 4, Page 26...

What a day Sunday was.

I got up about 9ish, threw on some clothes and went to Rutters.  I wanted to get a breakfast sandwich and what have you, but their computers were all wonky and we couldn't order food.  So I just got coffee and grabbed a Tastykake Cherry Pie (which actually turned out to be an Apple pie, since I didn't pay much attention to which type of pie I was grabbing), came home and ate and drank the coffee while reading the paper.

After wasting some time online, I showered, dressed and drove to mom's.  We were going to eat lunch somewhere, as we do, but couldn't figure out where.  This is a normal problem for us, strangely.  Anyway, we ended up going to the Chambersburg Mall to eat at Bonanza.  And then we drove back to town, stopping at Wal-Mart to get some things.  And then Sheetz for a coke, with a shot of lemonade.  Which was AMAZING!

When I was younger, a store downtown had a food bar at it, and you could get a Coke there with a spritz of lemon juice.  And it was always amazing.  But that store's been closed for ten years or more.  And I've not had a Coke with lemon since then.  She's been doing this for quite some time, but this is the first time I heard of it.  And it tastes just as great as those sodas all those years ago.

Anyway, after dropping her off, I came home.  Last week one night after work, you may recall, I de-weeded about a quarter of the front garden.  Since then I've been worrying about when I'm going to get the rest of it done.  Well when I got home, I decided to just DO IT right then!

I changed into old clothes, grabbed the trowel, gloves, broom, weed killer, and garbage bag and headed out.  With my earbuds in, and being able to crawl around in the dirt in old clothes, I got the whole thing deweeded without too much trouble at all.  And not a very long time either.  Such a relief that's done.

Later in the day, mom showed up at my door.  She was out taking a short walk.  Previously in the day, when we were at her house, I noticed she had some purple tulips growing in her front yard.  I told her I didn't even know there WERE purple tulips!  I'd have to get some.  She said I could have those.  Next year, she wouldn't be living there, so I might as well take them and plant them in my little garden.  I told her I would.  Well when she showed up at my door she had eight purple tulip bulbs in a bag.  She said she just went ahead and dug them out and brought them along.

So i got back into the old clothes, went out and I planted those bulbs.  They probably wont do much this year, but hopefully next year, I'll have a nice row of purple tulips!

Throughout the afternoon, I watched two Classic Doctor Who serials; the underwhelming The Power Of Kroll and the quite good The City Of Death.  For supper I ate the two burger patties I had cooked last week.  And had the last of the mac salad and some chips with it.  After this, I wanted to get rid of the carbs, so I took a walk, over two miles in 36 minutes, going by the Post Office to mail a card I had.

After some more putzing online, I went to bed, to read some and then to sleep.  My legs, neck and shoulders were a bit stiff, from all the 'gardening' I was doing.  But nothing really that bad.  A good kind of ache...letting me know I had actually done something that day!

POLT

No comments: