Sunday, April 05, 2015

Someone book me a room (Parts 91, 92 &93)...

Chapter 4, Page 2....

Thursday, being off the pain killers, although still on the penicillin, I went to work.  I was feeling tired, but I made it through the entire day. I got some stuff done, mainly the stuff I had to get done for the week, but I wasn't overly industrious with getting other stuff done.

After work, I came home, and hung out here.  I did little other than watch the Doctor Who Serial "The Green Death" with the Third Doctor.  I continue to be underimpressed with these classic Whos.  But eh, at least I get to watch some of them on Netflix.

I knew I was going to be by myself both Friday (since it's Good Friday, a county holiday) and Saturday (since I'm always the only one there on Saturdays), so I didn't stay up late. I went up to bed about 9:00 and was asleep before too much longer.

Chapter 4, Page 3...

Friday, I got up, still feeling tired.  It was an okay day at work.  Not too much going on.  About 1030, mom called me to tell me about her.  She had woken up with the right side of her face all swollen and her eye swollen shut and a LOT of pain where she had had teeth pulled on Tuesdays.  Apparently, there was an infection.  (I told her to stop copying me: I get an abscess on Monday, she gets an infection on Friday!)  She said she went to the dentist and they immediately called in a strong antibiotic.  She had already gotten it and started it.

After work I stopped by to see how she was doing.  And with the drug and a lot of Advil, she said she had little pain and it had actually gone down just a bit.  I took some pictures;




Yeah, you can't see the full effect of it on those, but it looked bad!  Luckily, every day since then, it's gotten better and better for her.  So that's a relief.

Following this, Ghostie came over, as planned, and we went to  the Chambersburg Mall , which he had never been to before.  We ate (too much) at Bonanza, and then went to the real reason for our visit: Comics World.  I bought a few graphic novels, he just browsed, but he liked the store.  And then next door to is was Books-A-Million, where I bought two books, and he browsed.  Other than that, we just walked the Mall to see what was there....and it had fallen quite a bit from it's heyday 20-25 years ago.  Although, for me, there were quite a surprising number of hot guys up there.  Who knew?

After this, we hung out at my house a bit before he went home and I went to bed.

Chapter 4, Page 4...

Saturday I woke up with a bad headache, not a migraine, but a bad one behind my eyes.  And I felt a bit nauseous.  But as it WAS a Saturday, I got up and got to work.  There was but one new client there that needed seen.  And I checked with the intake area and at that time, they had no one either.  So I did the interview on that one, put in a leave slip and left.  I was there just a little over an hour.  

I made a quick stop at the grocery store and then came home.  I laid down on the couch, and almost immediately feel asleep.  I felt a bit better after the nap, and right around noon, I took another nap.  Waking up from that one, and with the Advil I had taken, my headache had subsided to manageable levels and my stomach felt better too.

I still did very little, sitting on the couch on the computer (watching like three hours of The Voice performances from all over the world....I dont know what the hell was wrong with me) or reading.  I did also find time to get into the middle bedroom, aka the library, and finally get some things straightened up there.  Threw away some old magazines, moved some shit into the closet and the attic, put the role playing stuff that were in plastic crates on the newly opened bookshelves (since the comic books are all mostly boxed up and in the attic), moved the crates, rearranged some of the shelving etc.  I was actually quite proud of what I had gotten done.

That evening, I watched Romeo + Juliet on Netflix and then went to bed and read.

POLT          


No comments: