Sunday, October 04, 2015

One candle for baby, on his cake....

Since I mentioned the birthday party a few posts below (read down, you'll see), I forgot to post the pics I took there.  Here they are:

Here's Lil Chris, he turned two earlier this year.  He was fun.

The birthday boy Morgan and his mommy.

Various and sundry family members (cousins and a spouse).

Morgan sitting on the table in front of everyone.  He's clapping and looking a bit surprised that everyone is laughing and clapping with him.

They got a large cake for all of us, and where they got it has this policy: if it's a first birthday cake, they give you a free 'smash cake'.  A 'smash cake' is just a smaller version of the main cake that you give to whoever's having the birthday and let them tear the cake apart and smear it all over their own face.  Which is what he did.  I'd never heard of the concept before, but it's a free little cake that gets destroyed, and I think it's a good idea.

Mostly just the kids wore the birthday hats.    Naturally, though, I had to put one on.  I have no shame, especially around family members that KNOW I have no shame.

POLT

No comments: