Sunday, October 04, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 276 & 277)...

Chapter 10, Page 2...

Friday, I got to work a bit early, much to my, if not anyone else's, surprise.  Work wasn't too bad, I got done the things that needed to be done.  Even did a few things I wasn't planning on doing.

After work, I stopped by the store and got a few groceries.  I also picked up some pork ternderloin, and ended up making them on the George Foreman and having them for supper, along with some leftover sausages.  And all that protein, and nothing but that protein, for supper.

I watched some TV but was actually tired, so I went to bed right before 9:00.  I read some and then went to sleep.

Chapter 10, Page 3...

Saturday, I got to work on time and got the work finished somewhat early.  Which was good because I was only working until noon. After work, I went directly to mom's and we hung out at her cottage for a little bit until it was time to leave.

When that time arrived we walked across the campus of the village.  It was a pleasant little walk, actually.  Down some streets, across the walkways that went behind other cottages and up some slight hills and around trees...it was actually a VERY pleasant fall day for the walk.

We walked to the Home that's adjacent to the village, the old folks' home located there that my grandmother is living in.  There are public rooms there and my mom reserved one for this day.  Today my cousin Tracy was having a first birthday party for her son, Morgan.

There were...well is seemed liked TONS of people there, as long as TONS equals about 30 or 35 or so.  We all sat around while he Morgan sat on a table and opened all the gifts people had gotten him.  Lots and lots of gifts.  And in truth, his mommy opened most of them.  But he grab some paper every so often.  Or he'd clap and laugh and was having a good time anyway.  Then we watched him eat cake, and we ate cake and had pretzels and that sorta stuff.  And everyone talked and socialized too.

When the party was breaking up, mom and I walked back to her cottage.  Mom's sister, three nieces and their three kids stopped by, as planned, to get a grand tour of her new cottage, for the ones who hadnt already seen it.

We sat and talked afterwards for a little bit, and then some of them left.  Mom's brother and his wife showed up and then six of us, along with one kid and the birthday boy, made our way to a local community center.  Periodically, a group takes over the community center and they have a fundraising "Pot Pie Feed".  It was first time there, but everyone else had been to this thing at least once before.

For $9 (which my uncle paid for mom and me, which was a VERY pleasant surprise) you get endless ham pot pie, beef pot pie, pepperslaw, applesauce and little buns and butter.  I had endless amounts of all of them, except for the pepperslaw, which I don't like.   Stuffed myself silly, I did. just like everyone else did too..  As well as kinda help feed Morgan a bit once he woke up from his nap.

Following the meal, mom and I were dropped off at her cottage, and I sat there and we chatted again for about a half hour.  Then I left and came home.

When I got home, I was AMAZED to find out it was only 745!    It seems like it should have been so much later.  And I was tired and would have gone to bed, if not for the fact there was a new Doctor Who episode on at 930.  So I hung out on the couch watching TV and wasting time until the show came on.  I watched it, thinking it wasn't as bad as the first two parter of the season, and THEN I went to bed, read a VERY little cause I was tired, and went to sleep.

My tooth was hurting a bit in the evening.  Its still draining.  There's not a pus bubble or anything, and it doesn't ususally hurt when I touch the tooth or anything, but the infection is still THERE, and it's not going away.  *SIGH*  I'm so sick of this whole thing...I feel like, when i go to my appointment Wednesday, I'll just tell him to pull it, if the abscess will allow him to do so.  I just want to be rid of it!

POLT

No comments: