Monday, September 26, 2011

It was nice having off Saturday.  That's the first Saturday, since Feb 1997, that I had off and just used leave.  I didn't have to switch with anyone, I didn't have to come in on Sunday to work, nope nothing like that.  I used my leave and was simply off.  Since the new person was hired a few months ago, and he's working Sunday-Thursday, I don't need to switch or work Sundays when I want off a Saturday.  Yay, go me.

My friends wedding was quite nice, the reception really fun.  Twenty years ago, I was Best Man in his first wedding, but now I was just a guest to his smaller second wedding.  The bride looked beautiful and had lost so much weight since I last saw her in February (like over 100 lbs) that I didn't recognize her.  The reception was a blast, talking with members of his family I haven't really spoken to in years.  Also, they had bottles of wine there for the toast...and afterwards.  I had a little too much of it, to be honest.  Felt a slightly bit tipsy.

When I got home, Freddie was waiting out front in his car.  It was slightly awkward in the beginning, but as we talked, it got better, easier, more comfortable.  We walked to Waynesburger for supper.  When we got back, we decided neither of us felt like going to The Lodge, so we didn't.  We settled in and watched some stuff on TV.  Freddie got a shower and broke out the alcohol he had with him and got a bit drunk.  But he was funny and it was a fun time.

When we turned in, he went to the spare bedroom, I went to mine.  But about 7 am, I was jarred awake by him climbing into bed with me.  And we cuddled and talked and slept and laughed and had fun time for about three hours.  But no sex.  I think we both wanted it, but we both didn't want it, if you understand what I mean. 

He left late morning, and I spent the day watching football.  And then for today, well, see the post below.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and your levels (and the kid with something of a hairthing) - good for you!