Friday, September 23, 2011

In January, I met Brandon online.  We talked a bit, then hooked up.  It was fun.  I thought there might be more.  Over the next two weeks or so, while we talked everyday, I came to the conclusion I didn't want anything more serious from him, and told him so.  Heard nothing from him, until two Fridays ago, when out of the blue, he emails me again.  Ends up, he comes up and we hook up again.  Totally unexpected.

In February, I meet Angel, and after a week of extreme passion, and red flags hanging from every possible pole, I end with him.  And not in a pleasant manner.  Hear nothing from him.  The same Friday, after Brandon leaves, I get an email from Angel and we talk online for a bit. The next evening, he comes over and we hook up.  And it's REALLY good.  May be more hookups in the future, but no talk of long term anything.  But it was totally random and out of the blue.

2007, Freddie and i break up after a few years of dating.  Over the next three years, I have one online conversation and recieve one drunken call from him.  Then earlier this year, out of the blue, he calls me.  And we talk.  And it's fine.  And we've talked like 6 or so times since then.

Last night, he calls me to say he's on his way from Atlanta (when he had a temporary job) back home to around Albany, and that he'll be in the DC area over the weekend.  Did I want to come down and have a lunch or dinner with him and catch up?  Sure, why not?

But it went from lunch on Sunday, to dinner on Saturday, and then maybe going out to a club afterwards, and then maybe getting a hotel so we wouldnt have to travel after drinking, and then maybe getting a hotel in the suburbs, so Freddie wouldnt have to drive in DC, to getting a hotel somewhere inbetween where he'll be and here.  And it ended up that he was coming up here to my house Saturday afternoon, we'll get something to eat, hang out, catch up and then go to the local gay bar, The Lodge. And then he'll crach here and leave Sunday morning for Philly, the next stop on his rambling, slow, take-in-the-scenery trip home.

(Freddie seems to think the Lodge will be filled with people with only half the teeth in their head, and banjo music and that there will be grasping genitalia on the dance floor and will need me as a bodyguard.  Silly boy.  I told him only one of those things are true.)

Does all this seem somewhat bizarre to anyone else?  Three time,s out of the blue, past hookups/boyfriends have called and we've gotten together again.  Do other people see their ex-for-3.5 years and catch up and let them stay overnight?

Yeah, I'm not at all sure why I even ask.  Of course it's just me.  It's not the situation that's bizarre, it's me.

POLT

1 comment:

Ray Avito said...

Friends with your ex's, I say that's very mature. With sex included? **ROWR!!** That...was supposed to be that cat sound...