Monday, December 03, 2012

BITS-N-PIECES

Since my car is in the shop getting fixed, I'm off yesterday and today (which are my regular days off) and tomorrow and Wednesday as well!  So what have I done?  Yesterday, nothing but watch football.  Today, slept in to almost noon.  Got up with a headache.  Went shopping with mom, got a few gifts for the lil cousins.  Ran an anti-viral.  Putzed around online.  Then realized I needed some groceries and stuff, so I called mom again, and we went to Wal-Mart.  (see I have to call mom, cause I have no transportation of my own)  And now I'm just sitting here waiting on football again. With the headache.  I hope the final two days of my mini-vacation are better than the first two.
******************
I'm a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan, have been for almost 35 years.  And being so means I am required to hate and detest anything Washington Redskins.  Which I do, quite well.  And I totally HATE all the hype over their rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.  They act like he's the second coming of Christ...or perhaps Sonny Jergenson.  But I gotta say, despite all the over-hyping and whatever he may or may not become in football, RGIII is freakin HOT!  Look at that body...



Even cover with pads, his muscley yumminess is evident.  And of course, he has the sexy hairthing that I quite like.  But in addition to all that, he's got a killer smile!


Ah, how dreadful it is to like ANYTHING Redskins related, but hot guys generally trump most things in my estimation.
********************
Since I had to drop the car off last night, I couldn't see Kris.  So I watched "The Walking Dead" alone last night and slept alone (maybe that accounts for my headache?).  Boring night last night.  I've discovered I really do look forward to spending Sunday nights with Kris, it's become kinda of our thing.  Even though I just saw him last Friday night, it still wasn't the same.  Ah well, there's always this coming week.
********************
Speaking of The Walking Dead.....meh.  Yeah, I'm watching it, yeah I enjoy it, but I'm telling you, the show PALES in comparison to the books.  Which I suppose isn't really the show's fault, since you can only do so much in a 13 episode season as opposed to 12 issues a year.  But still, there are quite a few things that bore me with the show, and I wish it would become more of a show filled with surprises, things I didn't foresee coming.  But I've got to say, it's great to finally get to see a second shirtless Glenn shot!
********************
We all should know Frank Ocean is not only a great singer but also a hot gay man.  I just found some photos of his current boyfriend, some model (I think) named (I think) Willy Cartier.  He's the guy on the right.

And here's a close up:


 Damn.  I don't know who's luckier, Frank or Willy!
*******************
So, there may not be a Christmas video this year on the Palace.  I spent a few days getting video snippets for the song from the ParisPekings, Mama Polt, and even Ghostie and Kris.  I personally think it's pretty funny.  But yesterday, I spent over four hours trying to get it all together.  First I had to download the Windows Movie Maker, software, no problems.  But when i got the video clips in, I kept, for some of them, getting this response that they were corrupt of whatever and couldn't be used.  So I quickly re-made those clips (thankfully, they were easy to do), and put them in again.  At any rate, a few times the software converted it into movie form, but everytime that I played it, the sound came through just fine, but there was no video whatsoever.  I even uploaded it to VIMEO instead of youtube and that didn't work either.

So now I don't know WHAT to do.  I'm gonna try it once more, but if it doesn't work, well then, you all will just have to believe me when I tell you the video was made and it does make me chuckle.
********************
Back, longer than a decade ago, I bought a ring in Toronto.  Nothing special, just something to remind me of the city everytime I saw it.  And the next trip there, I bought a second one as well.  Well, just in the last few weeks, the first ring....broke.  Here see?


And now I can't wear it at all cause it that part that juts out cuts the finger next to it.  So I'm gonna have to retire the ring and just not wear it.  Which makes me sad.
********************
Everyone seen this photo of Mitt Romney yet?


Yeah, he's pumping his own gas an looking pretty disheveled and pissed off.  I get it that it's windy and that's why his usually perfect hair is like that, but still, the fact that he looks like a guy that sleeps on the beach somewhere just makes me chuckle.  Ah, schadenfreude...
*******************
Since most of you don't know comic books very well, you may not get this, but this is actually totally awesome!!


See, this is a costume depicting Brave & The Bold #28, from way back in March 1960.  It's the first appearance of the Justice League Of America, wherein Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman battle Starro The Conqueror.

See, here's the original cover the costume is taken from:


Simply brilliant.  Sheer genius.
********************
And of course, here's the Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

That's definitely Willy Cartier. I believe he's French. I have a few pics of him on my Tumblr. Unfortunately he smokes which removes a level of his hotness. But nice to look at.

Alex said...

Oh man, I wish I could have thought up that Starro costume! That's beyond awesome!

Amie said...

If you are really bored you can walk up and visit me. Maybe I will give you a call or something. Also, give a yell if I can give you a ride somewhere. After all Mrs. Jenkins can hold 7.

I do hope you can figure out that Christmas video. I love watching them.

Michelle M. said...

And the Starro costume is purple - which makes it even better.

Maybe you could take the ring to be soldered back together again?

I was just saying to Harry last night that I wish I hadn't read the books. It does make the tv season plod along as I know what's going to happen (well, kind of know, since they do change some things).

I hope you get the video thing sorted out - they sure are fun to watch!