Sunday, December 23, 2012

Okay, I've held off on this for quite some time.  And if you know me in person, more than likely, you've already heard me say this.  Here's what I have to say about the Sandy Hook Massacre.

I am upset and disturbed by it.  but I am not shocked.  No one should be shocked.  We all should have expected this.  It was only a matter of time.

We as a society have decided that we want nearly ANY member of it to purchase nearly ANY firearm in nearly ANY amount they want to.  The price we pay for this glut, this flood of firearms is innocent blood being shed.  Grandmothers at a Sihk temple in Wisconsin.  Fathers at a political event in Arizona.  Mothers at a shopping mall in Oregon.  And yes, children at a school in Connecticut.  

And this will continue to happen, over and over and over again, until we decide, as a society that we do NOT want nearly unfettered access to firearms. Until we decide we, as a society, want to have sensible gun control, these things will continue to happen.  And more men, women and yes, innocent children will be murdered.  

And until we decide to do something about it, all that blood is on ALL our hands.


POLT

No comments: