Monday, December 10, 2012

Sunday, bloody Sunday, I can't believe the news today...

Over the last few years, around Christmas time, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I have gone on a shopping trip.  On one year, he drives and we go to the Annapolis MD area and shop.  On the following year, we go to the York and Lancaster PA and I drive.  And the following year, we go back to Annapolis.  Etc.

Yesterday, we were off for Annapolis.

It rained all day.  We listened to the Ravens/Redskins game on the radio on the trip home and were not happy with the outcome, although the Cowboys winning did help dilute some of the emotions.

I got to his house roughly 9AM-ish.  Did I mention this was on a Sunday.  A dreary Sunday.  A Sunday best spent wasting the morning in bed?  But instead, there I was, showered, dressed and somewhat awake.

Before we left town, ALCMDPP decided he needed some gas.  While at the convience store, I ordered a breakfast sandwich, hash brown and orange juice and I ate it while he drove (he decided he didn't want anything).  This would have been 9:30ish.

On the way there, we listened to music, talked about any number of different subjects that I have since forgotten, and got a call from his mother (his parents live in Annapolis).  Apparently, she is convinced there will be a blizzard on Christmas Day and they wont be able to get up here.  So she wanted us to stop by and get thier gifts.

First though, we had to go to, of all places, a gun store/firing range.

No really, I'm not kidding.

ALCMDPP wanted to return some scope, or something, from the store he bought it at.  He said I could stay in the car, consider my...opinions on guns in general.  But I told him, no, I WAS going in.  Probably the only time in my life I'd ever be in a place like that, so yeah, I was going in.

And in we went.

Well let me tell you, nothing says the Christmas season like taking your pre-pubescent son on a Sunday morning, to a firing range and teaching him how to kill things, right?  And that's exactly what was going on in there, a father taking in his  son to shoot, a son that surely wasn't anywhere near leaving elementary school yet.  There was also, to my surprise, some eye candy for me to enjoy, including a pretty hot black guy in shorts.  But there was, NOT to my surprise, just the type of people I totally expected to see there:  rednecks, people that would fit quite snugly onto the set of that reality show "Doomsday Preppers", and others who practically oozed Republican-ism from their pores.

I felt about as comfortable there as a supporter of Rick Santorum would feel in the gay bar after midnight on Pride weekend.  But, since I had the various eye candy there to keep me occupied, I didn't have time to make a scene or anything like that.  And having completed his transaction, ALCMDPP and I left.

We then made our way to the Annapolis Mall.  Upon entering, the first thing he wanted to do was to get something to eat at the food court.  So, even though it was about 11:00, he got Panda Express, I got Taco Bell and we ate.  Then we walked the length and breadth of the mall, visiting several store.  I got about half of the things I was looking for there (only four gifts, but that was about half).  Most of the clothing stores I had never heard of, and were out of my price range anyway.

This mall is also VERY close to the Annapolis Naval Academy, and was simply chock full of Navel Cadets, in their full, I assume, dress uniforms, and complete and totally hotness.  Yeah, the eye scenery was pretty impressive there.

Following our time there, we went to his parents house, arriving just after 1PM.  We spoke for only a short time (his dad and I over the beginning of the football game), before taking the gifts to the car and heading on our way.

The next stop was Arundel Mills, a HUGE mall that's in an oval shape of an oval.  WE had a terrible time finding a parking space.  Everything was so much easier at the first mall (but then we had been there at 11 in the morning, not 130 in the afternoon!)  We walked that place like one and a half times.  I found the other half of the things I wanted there.   We passed the Medieval Times places again, discussed the pros and cons of going there, and decided we'd see about trying it sometime next year.  I enjoyed the cute knight standing out front with a few other not-so-cute knights, and the king and lady standing there waving to people.

We also, spent a lil bit of time in the Bass Pro Shop, m first ever there. I also call it "Doomsday Preppers HQ".  *SIGH*  ALCMDPP was looking for some kind of ammo, but seriously, someone looking to prepare for the 'end times' would, I'm certain, have quite an orgasm just upon walking in there.  I however, was just kinda....apathetic about it all.  And it felt a little sad to me.  All these 'survivalists' just seem, to me, to be a huge waste of time and resources.  Still, it's not MY time or resources being wasted, so what do I care, really?

After this, we made the, seemingly, hour long trek back to where the car was parked, and headed home.  I fell asleep on the way, waking up only when I snored loudly and woke myself up.  We stopped at a McDonald's to use the bathroom and ended up getting something to eat there as well (at like 400).  Then we got back in the car and returned to his house, and then I came home.

For a good portion of the day, I had a pretty bad headache behind my left eye, a nagging thing.  Kinda but a damper on the day somewhat, but I still had a good time.  Just like I always do when traveling with ALCMDPP.

Coming home, I took some Advil, took a nap on the sofa, watched some football and then went to get Kris when he got off work.  We came back here, went to Rutters to get something else to eat (I only got a soft pretzel...nom) and then watched some cartoons on Adult Swim.  Finally, with both of us yawning, we went to bed, to cuddle and talk and laugh, all before going to sleep. (the bedtimesexxyfun had to wait until this morning after we woke up).

All in all, a very good Sunday.

POLT

No comments: