Saturday, May 30, 2015

Come join out party, yeah, cause anybody just won't do (Part 2)...

So I just put this up yesterday, and now I have to go change everything the very next day.  Thanks O'Malley!

Democrats
Hillary Clinton: April 12, 2015 - 42 days
Bernie Sanders: April 30, 2015 - 31 days
(even though he's really an Independent)
Martin O'Malley: May 30, 2015 - 1 day

And the clown car that IS the Republican candidates

Ted Cruz: March 23, 2015 - 69 days
Rand Paul: April 7, 2015 - 54 days
Marco Rubio: April 13, 2015 - 41 days
Ben Carson: May 4, 2015 - 27 days
Carly Fiorina: May 4, 2015 - 27 days
Mike Huckabee: May 5, 2015 - 26 days
Rick Santorum: May 27, 2015 - 3 days
George Pataki: May 28, 2015 - 2 day

I dont have anything negative to say about O'Malley.  I worked in Maryland all through his tenure as governor, and he does have a progressive record on gay rights, immigration, minimum wage.  Also, most of my coworkers in this bright red (ie redneck) part of Maryland thought he was the next worst thing to Satan...which only convinced me to like him more.

But seriously, he's got no chance.  Not as long as Hillary stays in the race.  I guess he could be positioning himself in case she stumbles somehow and drops out.  Or he could be angling for a VP nomination.  Or, if the Republican candidate wins (God FORBID!), they he could be positioning himself for a run in 2020.  Out of this campaign, he'll at least get better name recognition. 

I think his best bet is to tout his credentials and not go negative.  that won't get him the nomination, but then I dont really think he has a shot at that anyway.  And if he comes off as, and is remembered as, a nice guy who didn't upset the Democratic apple cart, that would serve him well in four or eight years.  After all, he's still a young guy, somewhere in his 50s, I think.  

POLT




No comments: