Saturday, May 23, 2015

My alarm was set for 6:15, like always.  I got used the bathroom at 5:56, and when I got back to bed, I reset it to 7:00 and lay in bed to slowly wake up over time, as you do.  However, I feel back asleep.

So the dream...

I was at the Wayne Heights Mall outside my home town.  I was waiting on Ghostie to arrive for something, I dont remember why.  I walked to the one end and the pizza joint that's no longer there WAS still there.  Apparently, he and I were going to eat.  So I went in to get a table, but everything was full except for the table right back by the bathrooms in the back.  It was a table for 6, but since that's all the way available, it was ours.

I put the book I was reading (a very thick Stephen King novel, 'It' or 'The Stand' perhaps) and I had the book with me.  I put the book on one of the seats to reserve the table, and then went back out into the mall part to wait on Ghostie.

Out the windows I saw him drive up in a old red Ford pickup with a cover on the back plastered with PETA bumper stickers.  He got out and went into a store at the other end of the mall (it's an enclosed strip mall and small), conducted whatever business he had and left.  I was standing out there, waiting for him to see me, which he never did.  Kinda pissed me off.  I was going to call him and ask him why he didn't stop, but I didn't have my phone.  So I thought I'd just go to his house.

I was going to go get my book when, out of the hair salon comes our dog Kookee (pronounced Cookie).  She was a lil black poodle, weighed only like 13 pounds or so.  She just strolled right out like she owned the place.  but she didn't look good.  Old, grey, weak, not healthy at all. I picked her up, and she weighed a whole lot less than 13 pounds.  And she was limp in my arms and, as I said, wasn't in the best of health.

I just wanted to get back home with her, but I needed my book.  I was going to go get it, when this Chinese lady came out of the Chinese restaurant (which is currently in the mall, but was NOT there at the same time as the pizza joint in reality) and tells me I can't take a dog into a pizza joint.  I was going to point out how ill Kookee was and that I only wanted my book and I'd be on my way.  But she was right, I couldn't take a dog into a restaurant.  I was upset because I needed to get Kookee home, but I needed my book as well.

And then the girl I had been talking to (not that I remember talking to her in my dream, it's one of those things that just HAPPEN, in a dream), came up to me.  A cute blonde, late teens.  I asked her if she'd go in and get my book for me.  She said of course, so I told her where it was.  There was a black curtain covering the entrance of the restaurant now, and she pushed it aside, just enough to go in and get it.  And I stood outside and held Kookee.  And I looked down at her, and she really REALLY did not look well.

And the alarm went off and I woke up.

And I was depressed from the dream.  Cause Kookee was sick, and I knew there wasn't anything I could for her.  *SIGH*

I know what caused this dream: StratCat, my coworker and friend, had to put her dog down on Thursday night.  It wasn't an easy thing, obviously.  And while I hadn't been dwelling on both of our dogs I was with when we put them down, apparently, it was in my subconscious.

SO my morning has had a rather maudlin start to it.

POLT

No comments: