Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 146)...

Chapter 5, Page 26...

Got up for work with no problem.  Work was a bit hectic, but I got the paperwork done in prep for things on Wednesday that I needed to get done.  And then, I left work at 2:00pm.

I had to go to a local Nissan dealership, Hamilton Nissan, and have Sebastian checked out.  And so, that's what I did.  I've never been in there before, it was all new to me.  I pulled the car in, gave my info and keys to a supervisor who entered me into the computer.  And then told me to wait in the lounge.  Which I did.

But the first thing I noticed, when I pulled in, was this guy who worked there, helping the supervisor.   I recognized him, from a hookup site I visit.  I had never contacted him on that site, but I had seen his photo several times: Blonde hair, blue eyes, early 20's, supple DSL, just overall a real cute guy.  But as I said, I never had any contact with him, so I didn't do anything, but admire him from afar.  Also, while waiting in the lounge, another cute guy came in and sat down and waited as well.  It was nice to have the eye candy to watch, while he was there.

Anyway, after 2.5 hours and a $100 diagnostic fee, it turns out the issue is what my local mechanic said.  The part that needs replaced isn't the expensive, but it takes two hours or more to repair it.  Labor will be the biggest cost, do to the need of having to remove the back seat and work through there.

So, yeah, anyway, the estimate is $660.  *SIGH*  I gave my local guy about $120 for his work.  I gave $100 diagnostic fee and $660, which I'm sure doesn't include tax and such.  So, in the end, I'll be putting about $1000 into it.  But I look at it this way: it's a 7 year old car, I've had it 5 years.  In that time, other than regular maintenance, I have not put any money into it.  So I guess $1000 over 5 years isn't TOO bad.  

Anyway, after this, I came home, ate some steak and cheese for supper, watched a couple Babylon 5 episodes and then, about 8:00, I decided to go to bed.  And I did, and read some.

And then, a little before 9:00pm, my phone rang.  It was A Local Celebrity, David ParisPeking.  He will need to use Skype for some kind of interaction with someone dealing with his Doctorate stuff (did I mention he's going for his Doctorate?  yeah, he is.  Apparently just so he can make some people call him Doctor ParisPeking.  And, he says, I'm Number Two on that list, behind only his wife.  She and I both scoff at that statement.....but I digress....).  He had never used Skype before, and so he wanted to use it to contact me to make sure he knew how to do it.  How funny it was, to me, that the guy who set up MY Blu-Ray, ordered and set up MY iPhone, helped set up some parts of MY computer, was coming to ME for IT advice.  Oh, how the tables turned.  But we got it working.

After we signed off, I read a bit more, and then went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: