Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 138)...

Chapter 5, Page 18....

Monday...ohmyGOD, Monday, it was SO hot.  And humid.  Yuck.

Not that I noticed right away, cause i was sleeping in, in my comfy king sized bed, in a room that had the a/c running since the night before.  Simply delicious.  I did finally roll outta bed about 9:15 or so.  I putzed around here at the house doing, really, basically nothing.  On the computer, reading, having a TV dinner for lunch.  Oh, I DID do a load of laundry.  And, before showering, I went outside to de-thistle the garden.  I tried to do it first just by bending over, but DAMMIT there were a LOT of them.  And my thighs started hurting.  So I had to put on an old pair of jeans and go back out so I could deweed them all on my hands and knees.  And yeah, there were STILL a LOT of them.  SIGH.

And then, at 1:00 I went to see the dentist.  Because of the issue I had last week.  They were fitting me in. He checked the crown first and that was fine.  Then he checked the filling the tooth behind and said that was fine too.  Then he got one of those hooky instruments and fiddled with the filling.  I felt it move, and he said, "Oh!  Yep, yes, there it is.  It's the filling."  So we made an appointment for next Friday to have me come in, have them take the old one out, clean it up, and put a new one in.

After this I came home and hung out (in the a/c naturally) until mom called me.  Then I drove us to a local greenhouse where I got the flower I'm going to plant in the front garden.  We didn't plant them this day because it's TOO FREAKIN HOT OUTSIDE!  SO I put the flowers on the front porch, we'll plant them later in the week when it's cooler.

We also went to Wal-Mart to pick up some things, one of which was to get another Passport photo taken.  I had one taken about a month ago and sent it along with my Passport Renewal form.  But just a few days ago, they sent me a letter saying they couldn't use my photo because I had my glasses on it and they needed one that they could see my eyes in, even if I wear my glasses all the time.   I didn't read the application line by line, but I didn't see anywhere that I had to take the photo without my glasses.  Woulda been nice if I had seen it the first time.

Anyway, after all this, I came home and settled in to watch four episodes of Babylon 5.  And when that done, I went to bed, in  the a/c, to read before going to sleep.

POLT

No comments: