Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 139)...

Chapter 5, Page 19...

Tuesday morning, it was so cool and comfy in my bed with the a/c going and all wrapped up in the blankets, and because it was an awesome time to be sleeping...I didn't want to get up.  But get up I did....eventually.  I left home late, got to work about 15 minutes late.  Ah well, it all balances out in the end, right?

At work, I got done what needed to be done.  Had a pretty decent day, actually.  After work, I came home and immediately walked to a local church to do my civic duty: I voted.  Pennsylvania has primary and general elections every year.  This year, an off year election, the offices were like State Judges, the Local Sheriff, Town Councilperson...I forget what else.  But a bunch of local offices.

I was there about 5-ish.  They had been open sine 7AM.  And in the those 10 hours, I was only the 19th Democrat, and the 61st overall voter.  Shameful.  But it's always like that in Primaries and in off year elections.

After walking up and back to vote, my lone bit of exercise today (and it's less than two blocks from my house), I had supper: a delicious ham and cheese sub I had bought from Freddies on the way home.  Then I settled in to waste time online while I finished up the last two episodes of the first season of Babylon 5.  Overall, it was kind of a blah season. But it's the first one, those rarely are spectacular.

Right about 8PM, I just decided to go to bed.  I took my pills, gave myself my insulin shot, and then upstairs I went.  I lay in bed, putzing around on my phone and reading for almost two hours exactly.  And then, sometime before 10:30, I turned out the light and went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: