Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 130)...

Chapter 5, Part 11....

So Sunday night/Monday morning, really pretty much sucked.  It was SO FREAKING hot and especially HUMID in my bedroom, I could hardly stand it.  I had a window open, and the fan on, and blowing over me, and....it didn't matter.  I was still sweaty and uncomfortable.  I decided that HAD to change.

Monday morning, I got up early, cause someone had scheduled me an appointment at the Dermatologist for 9AM!  What the HELL was I thinking?  Anyway, I got up, showered, and headed out.  I got there about 8:40, and was done and on my way back to my car by 9:08.  Sometimes it does pay to show up early.  Everything went well. I'm just to continue what I have been doing, the subdermal dermatitis (or whatever the hell it is I have) is looking better. She also noticed four little spots that she said were probably just a reaction to the sun, since I'm very fair skinned, and unrelated to my other stuff.  She said she'd like to hit them with a blast of liquid nitrogen, to help get rid of them, or manage them, or something.  And I was like, okay, whatever, you're the doctor.  So she gave me the blast, it stung a little, but no biggie.  She said those spots would be dry and flaky for a few days.  No problem.  And we made an appointment for November for a followup, and, at her suggestion, she'd also do an all body look over, for any other problems.  Thrills.

After this, I came home, grabbed some breakfast from Rutters, came home and read the paper, and read some more in my book when my cousin called me.  She was leaving today to go back to Baltimore, with lil Morgan, obviously.  But she was stopping by mom's in the morning.  And she called me to tell me she was already there.

So I went to mom's and got to play with Morgan a bit, and hold him a lot.  And he got a little fussy, so I got on mom's rocker, and after he fought it for several minutes, he did go to sleep.  As mom and my cousin kept talking, I put my head back, closed my eyes and rested. I was NOT asleep, cause there was no snoring, but I was...dozing, shall we say?  My cousin snapped this photo:


She titled it: Two Sleeping Beauties.

Eventually, I came home, before by cousin left.  She and mom had grilled cheeses for lunch (Morgan had, I think, carrots, and nursed a bit), and then my cousin left.  Here at home, I was the computer a bit, and put a load of clothes in the washer.  But mom called when my cousin left, cause I needed her help with something.

She came down and we put the air conditioners in.  The big one downstairs in the dining room, as well as the little one in my bedroom.  And, we put up the new blind I bought last week, for the window in my bedroom.  And we did without having a single problem or issue.  Which worries me slightly, because we can do NOTHING without there being a problem or an issue.  But at any rate, that's all done, and now I can sleep in comfort tonight.

She had a coupon for gelatis at Rita's, and wanted us to go get one.  The only thing I had eaten was what was left of the amazing strawberry/cream/cake desert she had bought.  I had that for lunch, hoping I could work the carbs and sugar off throughout the day.  And I didn't want to eat gelati on top of that.  But, well, I have no willpower, and she had a coupon, so off we went.

The Swedish Fish gelati was absolutely incredible.  As always.  And it was so bad for me as well.  But eh, whatcha gonna do? (Coupon...no willpower...)  After this, mom brought me home. I switched the clothes to the dryer then got on the computer.

Then I thought again about the bathroom. I had been wanting to clean that for a while.  I periodically clean the toilet and sink, and the tub when it gets really disgusting.  But the bathroom only get a REAL good cleaning like once a year.  And now, I decided to do it.  I cleared the toilet, sink, tub, dusted off the lights, ran the broom along the ceiling, swept it out, moved EVERYTHING out of the bathroom, and then, on my hands and knees, with a bucket an rag, washed the floor.  Thank GOD, my bathroom is small.    I eventually had to take off my shirt, sweat was dripping off my face and even onto my glasses.

After getting the floor washed, I came downstairs to the air conditioning, sat on the couch and listening to my knees throb.  I putzed around n the computer a bit, before getting the clothes out of the dryer, folded them and put them away.  And then I put the stuff back in the bathroom.  I ate supper, and then settled in to watch the first two episodes of Babylon 5.

After finishing those, I went to bed, IN the beautiful, glorious air conditioning, read a bit and then went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: