Wednesday, August 12, 2026

 So, I took the last two days off, giving myself a four day minivaca.  I took them off cause last week, a coworker in my department (CIMD) was off Thursday and Friday.  This week the same CIMD is off Thursday and Friday.  And next week, the other CIMD is off Thursday and Friday.   And I have a shit-ton of leave and I don't really GO anywhere.  So I just decided to take off the beginning of a week.  And I did. 

And so what did I do with my two days off?  I got bloodwork taken for my annual HIV test, negative again this year.  Yay.  Yesterday early afternoon, I took a half hour walk.  Today, first thing I went out front and trimmed the big bush out there.  Not as much as I wanted, cause if I did that there would be these big huge ugly holes with nothing but branches showing, so I trimmed it back.  Hopefully next week, I'll go out and trim it back a lil more, we'll see. 

I had breakfast one day from McDonalds, I a lunch of broiled haddock from the Parlor House.   I had Fruity Pebbles one night for supper. I had a boring ham sandwish one day, and a fluffy muffin for breakfast the other day.   

I did a lot of tv watching, laptop putzing, and phone game playing.  I read over a hundred pages in my book.  I showered both days (which doesn't always happen on my days off if I'm not going anywhere).  I did some Front Porch Readin' both days.  I changed the bedsheets and rotated the mattress.  I did a load of laundry. I took naps.  I drank a LOT of Crystal Light (wild strawberry and grape).

And I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

POLT

No comments: