Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bits-N-Pieces
I got home from work today and threw a load of clothes in the washer. When I went down to put them in the dryer, the floor was flooded. The drain was clogged, oh joy. Mom came down with her drain snakes and we tried to unclog it. The water had actually gone by itself, it isn't blocked, just clogged. And in a totally related incident, the dishwasher leaked into the basement the other day as well. *SIGH* Plumber will be called Monday, hopefully he can get here early next week. Home ownership sucks.
******************************************
Saw "Due Date" last night with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, his missus and Ghostie. The movie was horrid, possibly THE stupidest movie I have ever seen in my life. Definitely the stupidest in the last year. It was basically "Planes, Trains And Automobiles", but with a more idiotic John Candy character and a less likeable Steve Martin character. The situations were completely implausible, the reactions to the situations, moronic and unbelievable. And did they go just for comedy? Oh NO! They attempted to tug at your heartstrings and instead just came off as phoney.

The attractiveness of Robert Downey Jr. could not make his character believable or likable. And Zack GrizzilyBeardikus, or whatever the hell his name is, was just playing the exact same character that he played in "The Hangover." Its like they took that guy right outta that script and dropped him into this one. And it was tired, and unoriginal, and frankly, just stupid.

There was some pretty decent music in it, but that's about it. I mean, what else can you say about a movie wherein an adult punches a prepubescent kid in the stomach, where there is spitting on pet dogs, where there is a fight with a guy in a wheelchair, and where someone drinks his own father's ashes. Yeah, it's played for laughs, but frankly, none of it is funny.

If you feel you MUST see this movie, wait for Netflix. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this flop.
*******************************************
The movie was a matinee, $8 (!). I wasted money getting a medium popcorn and medium coke (which was actually the size of a two liter, or more. And the kid who sold it to me helpfully informed me that I could get a free refill on that. A REFILL?!!?!?! For God's sake, if I had refill it two times I'd have had enough Pepsi to fill a pool and go swimming in!), and that "deal" was $12.25 (!!). After the movie, the ParisPekings and I went out to eat. I had fish-N-chips and two Coors Lights. Total bill, with tip? $12.14!!! I am NEVER buying popcorn and a coke again. What a ripoff!
*******************************************
On the way to the restaurant after the movie, I was flipping through the radio channels and came up 95.1, WKYZ. Friday night, November 19th, the Friday before Thanksgiving, over a month before the holiday, the station has gone to an All-Christmas Music format.

I wanted to shove mistletoe sprigs deep into my ears until I could no longer hear it.

Last year, I got into Christmas music heavily, and for the first time in my life. I enjoyed listening to the All-Christmas music station then. but that was like for three weeks or less before Christmas, not a week before Thanksgiving! Oh, and Santa's already come to the local malls. Before THANKSGIVING! ARRRRGHHH!!!!!!
*******************************************
This week, I got a card in the mail from the Great White North, from the Canadianly awesome Tam. Here's a photo of the cover:


As if that weren't enough, inside I got a funny happy birthday greeting (a week before my birthday, but still. She was the first this year!). Also inside was a gift she got me in San Francisco:


It's a SuperGay Magnet. Said she saw it and thought of me. How flattering. And appropriate. And appreciated. So thanks Tam, for my first birthday card, gifts and wishes!
*******************************************
And of course, what would a post like this be without a hot guy?


POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I'm sorry to hear that movie sucked. I knew it wouldn't be genius but I kind of hoped it at least would be mildly amusing. I will pass. Glad you liked the card, lots of fun cards in San Francisco, and magnets and stickers and all other things fun. :-) Oh yeah, and cute boys of course.

Hope your plumbing problems are an easy (cheap fix).

Michelle M. said...

Tam is awesome!

After that review I won't even put it on Netflix.

Yeah - the worst part of having a home (besides the payments) is repairs! Our dishwasher and refrigerator broke at the same time. We've had the repair guy come out too many times for the dishwasher. We'll probably have to get a new one. Sigh. At least we have s dishwasher, though. Maybe I should not complain.

One of our neighbors put up their Christmas lights the DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN!!