Monday, November 29, 2010

Easily i'll not forget these gifts to me ...

As all of you should know by now, las Thursday was my birthday. On Friday, I recieved a gift in the mail, a gift that was quite possibly one of THE most original, awesome, unique birthday gifts I have ever recieved.

The gift was from the original, awesome and unique Michelle M. (and presumably Mr. Michelle M. [aka Harry] was invovled as well).

Upon opening the box, I found the following three things:


It's a Superman birthday card that played the theme from the Superman movie...in stereo(!), a folder with the cover of the first Adventures Of Superman comic book (which I have packed away in a box on the attic somewhere), and a JLA journal. She's knows I'm a fan of Superman. She might not have known I'm an even bigger fan of the Justice League Of America so the JLA journal was a perfect fit as well.

Underneath these was the following:


You may not be able to see, but that's quire a glittery bow she's got attached there. And I have no idea where Michelle M. got this paper as I have NEVER seen wrapping paper of the Superman S in black and gray! Amazing.

What was even MORE amazing was what I found inside!


It's not the best photo so you may not be able to see it very well (perhaps we can persuade Michelle M. to repost the original somewhere like Facebook), but it's DC Comics superhero action figure bodies with Puntabupeep heads!!!!

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know everyone's head, but I know most of them. I'm Superman and Michelle M. is Wonder Woman (of course!). Craiggers is Green Lantern, Tam is Power Girl. Having Josh and Enrico be the Wonder Twins is sheer brillance! David P. as Plastic Man seems very appropriate as he does all the bendy yoga and stuff. VUBOQ as the Flash, again appropriate due to the marathons he runs. Mel, the vet, is Animal Man. She even colored in Jere's head green to match The Martian Manhunter's green body.

I dont know how much time this took, but I can't imagine it was easy or quick. And that makes it all the more awesome, to know she took all the time to do it.


Just having Michelle M. as a friend of mine is probably the best birthday gift I could ever ask for!

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

You are spoiled rotten. I'm so jealous of that picture and yay for Power Girl. :-)

john said...

Yes he is! Love Michelle M. Tam as Power Girl was genius.

Michelle M. said...

Tam had to be Power Girl. Those boobs are amazing.

I'm glad you liked it - yay!

(And Harry helped me print it out, every time I tried I was cutting off parts).

that's J-O-S-H said...

I LOVE MICHELLE.