Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Because you're mine, I walk the line....

After work today, despite it being overcast, damp and a smidge cold, I decided to take a walk to the Post Office to mail my Christmas cards. Thanksfully the rain held off. With my iPod in my ears I made the ten minute walk there without trouble (yeah, I know, ten minutes aint much of a walk, but it's better than a ten minute sit on my fat ass on the couch).

I had 67 cards to mail. Of those, only 8 went to people in the town I live. Several went to people in surrounding, close areas. A number of them went to the Harrisburg - Hershey area. But also, they went to Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York City, New York state, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, California, Canada and even England!

I then walked to a local deli to get a few things. On the way I passed the local high school wreslting team out running. I know they were the wrestling team cause nearly every one of them wore sweatshirts or t-shirts saying. Plus, there were all hot, appeared to muscley and unfortunately, were all underage.

I walked through downtown Waynesboro, and while I do mock it for it's small towniness, they've really improved it recently. They've got brick sidewalks put in, a revamped town square, deocration on the new Victorian street lights...it actually does look nice than it used to.

So kudos to Waynesboro, for improving downtown, and kudos to me for taking a small walk. Oh, and kudos for joggin wrestlers...just cause.

POLT

2 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

I love that song [feat. Reese Witherspoon's Oscar]!!!

Michelle M. said...

I should get going on my holiday cards. I can't believe yours are done already : P.