Monday, November 01, 2010

But I don't like Spam!....

Last night, I saw Spamalot. It was freakin' hilarious!

Originially, Corey and I were supposed to go, so I got two tickets. But the beginning of last month, he told me he wouldn't able to get off work. So Kris said he'd go with him. However, yesterday involved Kris moving out of his apartment, in with his grandmother, and was dealing with packing up, friends, and even his parents, so in the end he couldn't go. Which was a disappointment cause he know he would have loved it.

But I was laughing from even before the show started as I read the program and all the way through the end of the show. It was perhaps the most funniest play I have ever seen.

Afterwards, I was feeling a bit peckish, so I stopped by an Applebees. I ended up having 4 beers while I watched the Sunday night football game and ate my way through a huge salad and even larger appetizer sized chili nachos! I didn't think I could eat it all until I was almost done.

During halftime, I came to realize something. When I was a freshmen at Shippensburg, I joined the History Club (as a history education major, it seemed the thing to do). The first meeting was held at the faculty advisor's home in town. About 15 of us showed up. In his upstairs den, he had a table of snacks set up as weel as sodas, drinks, and some beer. And what did we do during the whole meeting? He popped Monty Python And The Holy Grail in the VCR and we watched that!

So, I saw the Holy Grail for the first time Shippensburg and 24 years later, I saw Spamalot, the play based on the show, for the first time at Shippensburg University! What a coincidence, eh?

Anyway, I'd highly recommend the play to anyone who likes to laugh, whether you've seen the movie or not.

POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

I've heard it's really funny. Too bad your dates bailed on you. The Holy Grail is historical so TOTALLY fits with the club. :-)