Thursday, November 11, 2010

These are the years, the years of my life...

This fall so far, I mentioned the one year anniversary of buying the house. But I forgot a few other noteworthy anniversaries in my life.

Last month, around October 17th, was the 1 year anniversary of the First Puntabulous Convergeance, a weekend I spent with Dave S. in New York City where we spent a Saturday night/early Sunday morning with the Puntupeeps. It was the first time I had met anyone other than Dave S. or Tam. Got to meet Craiggers, FDot, Jere, Joshrico, Chris D., David, and Kari. What surprises me even more is that I met most of them again, along with a few other awesome Puntabupeeps, in less than a year, in July at the Puntabupoolparty.

Oct. 28th is the 3rd anniversary of my dad's passing (you can read about that HERE). It surprising to think it was such a short time ago, and yet, at the same time, it seems like it's been so much longer.

Sometime in September was the 10th anniversary of my Superman "S" tattoo on my left shoulder. I'd been wanting one, but the possiblity of pain kept making me rethink it. Then, after a rough day at work, I was on my home and it hit me, "If I don't get this tattoo today, right this very afternoon, then I never will." So instead of driving home, I drove right to the tattoo parlor. I walked in, the kid at the desk asked if he could help me, I said, "I want a Superman S tattooed right here and I want it done before I chicken out and change my mind. Can you do it?" Laughing he said he could. He charged me about $100 and I got it done. Yeah it hurt, but not enough to stop me from wanting one more, which I'll get on one of these trips to Toronto.

And sometime this fall (not sure exactly when) will be the 10 year anniversary of when I met A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. I was already working at Borders, he was just hired. And he tells the tale of how he was sitting in the backroom, watching the idiotic orientation tapes we all had to watch, when the door flew open and I stormed in, cursing, swearing, pushing senior citizens into the walls, kicking around small household pets, just not in a good mood. And he thought something to the effect of, "Geez, what an ass. And with a bad temper. I'll just have to steer clear of him." And now, after ten years, I've spent about 5 New Year's Eve with him, was a groomsman at his wedding, and am told his oldest daughter (six years old) will marry me when she gets older. Who'da thunk it?

POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

Wow, lots of anniversaries. Some sad, but mostly good.