Monday, November 15, 2010

People's lives seem more interesting 'cuz they ain't mine...

So, there's been very little personal news of note in here lately. Let's change that. I doubt this'll be exciting or particularly interesting, but at least it won't be just reposted pictures I found on the Internet (even as hot and sexy as those photos may be).

So Sunday, I went to eat at aka Friscos with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. Good company, great conversation, even better food. We then visited Wal-Mart, where he bought diapers (ah, the illustrious duties of fatherhood), and Best Buy, where I bought some movies I didn't need but got anyway. ALCMDPP returned home, and I came back here.

I watched Cincinnati lose, which kept me in the Loser's Pool (having been kicked out of the Winner's Pool by a Jet's loss a few week's ago). Then ALCMDPP came to my house (after helping his wife clean up their house in preperation for the arrival of his mother this week) and we watched the Dallas Cowboys totally surprising romp all over the NY Giants. And in addition to the sheer joy of watching them win, win big, and win over the Giants, we nommed on Dominos Pizza.

After this, as I putzed around online I had a nice long talk to FDot covering a myriad of subjects. Then I went to bed, read, and then to sleep.

Today, I got to sleep in a bit, which was pretty darn nifty. Once I got up and harvested some crops (don't judge), I took Sebastian out to get his tires rotated before winter hits. Also, the indicator that there were issues with tire inflation had been on a few weeks. I put some air in the tires but it stayed on. So I had the guy check that, and he said they were all OVERinflated. DUH...guess that was me. He got them to the correct pressure, rotated the tires, and I was on my way.

I went to the Credit Union to deposit some cash. I stopped by mom's, even though she wasn't there, read the papers, played with the dog, and left a check for some money I owed mom. Then I had a nommy lunch at Montezumas!

I putzed around here this afteroon, tidying up, doing laundry, running the dishwasher, etc. And now I'm settling to watch the Eagles - Redskins game. I don't like either team, but I dislike the Eagles a little less than I dislike the Skins, so I supposed I'll root for them.

And to top it all off, tomorrow I've taken a Personal Day! Wanted to use my last one, cause if I don't use it this year, I lose it, and with the holidays and vacations and (I hope to GOD soon) a retirement I don't know if I'll have an opportunity to use it in time. So by taking it tomorrow, I get a nice sweet three day weekend. Works for me.

So my work schedule the next couple weeks are as follows: off tomorrow, work 4, off 1, work 3, off 2, work 1, off 2, and then back to regular work weeks (until Christmas). Not a bad I dare say.

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

I find when I work weird 3 on, 1 off, 1 on, 2 off, it throws me off. I have no clue what day it is. LOL Enjoy your extra day.

TwoPi said...

I was a bit taken aback by the "harvesting crops" line, and having a brutal time respecting the "don't judge" request... when it occurred to me that you probably were talking about Farmville. Carry on, then.

Michelle M. said...

Hope you had a relaxing day off.

Harry was watching the game wrap ups on some sports show and when I heard Dallas won I thought "Yay! That's Polt's team."

Too bad you can't eat some of the crops your harvesting. I hope you're getting some fruits and veggies in your diet (hey, I don't have kids - I need to let out my nag!).