Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bits-N-Pieces
Last night, I was eating some Fritos and a small portion of a filling cracked off. Thankfully, there's no pain. Even more thankfully, I now have a dentist I REALLY like, so I made an appointment for like two weeks away. Hopefully no more of it falls out before them.
*******************************************
Yeah, I'm surprised at how much the "Christmas Spirit". Today, after work, I went shopping. Two hours later, several charges on the Discover card, six stores, five bags and I don't remember how many gifts later, I was home. I now only have one more gift to get and I'm done. now just come the wrapping and in some cases shipping of them all. But the fact we're not even to the middle of December yet and I'm already done is just unprecedented.
*******************************************
Mama Polt's Christmas cooking is in full swing. She's got a table full of Tupperware filled with various kinds of cookies, peanut brittle, coconut bon-bons, peanut butter and chocolate fudge, chocolate dipped peanut butter balls, her patented Mama Polt Homemade Garlic Pretzels, and when I was over there, she was making some of that peach schnapps infused 'Slush' she makes. I don't like the last two items, but nearly everyone else who tries them, likes it. The whole house smells of Christmas cooking. Nummy!
*******************************************
My GOD, but it's been cold lately! I mean like highs below freezing! And since I heat with electric and am NOT trying to use my entire paycheck on my electic bill, I'm trying to keep the heat down somewhat. No icicles on my nose yet, but my feet are always cold. Course they have been for years.
*******************************************
Spent Monday in Annapolie Maryland shopping with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. Had a great time, even though there wasn't as much shopping as their was driving from mall to mall to mall. Of course going anywhere with ALCMDPP is always a fun time. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera with me, cause we had an argument over Worf's First Officership in the last Next Generation movie that would have made great Palace viewing.
*******************************************
Unlike the last 6 monthly CD exchanges, I still have not mailed my CD out. I got the list together, burned it to CD and listened to that CD on the way to work so I know it works. Now I just have to get it all mailed off....and hopefully soon.
******************************************
And of course we end this as always, with some sweet eye candy.


POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

Yay you for being so efficient. I'm almost done. I think? Maybe? I need some more stocking stuffer little things but I THINK I have most of the big things for the kid (all other stuff is finished). I still have some cards to mail out tomorrow but I'm getting close to finished. Then the wrapping but I like doing that.