Sunday, December 05, 2010

Ohhhh, a shopping we will go....

As we all know, it's December. And today was a Sunday. Which usually means, since all the crazy idiotic morons are out Christmas shopping on weekends. Which also usually means, I don't go anywhere NEAR a store on a day like today.

Except today, I did. After mom got home from church, we went to Hagerstown to do some Christmas shopping of our own. We got the stores about noon and while they were busy, it wasn't insane. Crowds were navigable, lines weren't long, parking was not a problem.

We went to The Christmas Tree Store, to Kohl's, to Michael's Crafts Store, and despite having a small part of my soul die, we went to Target (I know, I know, I'm not shopping there anymore cause of their political contribution to an anti-gay candidate, but when Mama Polt wants to go somewhere, and she was nice enough to drive, well, I can't really argue).

At the last store, it was after one, and the crowds got larger and stupider. And they started to tick me off more. But luckily we didn't have to spend a lot of time there. And then we ate at the obesity-inducing Golden Corral buffet.

During the shopping, I got some presents for some friends, the gifts for some of my young cousins, wreaths for the front and back door and ribbon for each, my annual tacky Christmas tie purchase, a gift for mom, a Christmas candle for me, my annual new ornament for the purple Christmas tree. I still need to get the hat or earmuffs with pointy elf ears, a set of jingle bells and another line or two of Christmas card holders.

A trip to Wal-Mart may in the cards tomorrow.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I went shopping on Saturday. But first I went to a wine tasting - it made the whole mall/shopping experience less soul killing.

Still have to get some cards, though...