Sunday, December 19, 2010

But we'd get together in a family circle...

Haven't been here in a bit, just been hella busy. I'll try to catch up on the last few days with a whole horde of posts today.

So Friday night after work, I went with mom and some family members for a trolly ride. There's a guy here in town that over the summer bought an old trolley and has been refurbishing it. Now he takes groups on rides we had about 30 people with us. For $10 a person ($5 for kids), he takes for an hour around town and to another one to see the Christmas lights. Our ride ended up being 2 hours, basically cause all the kids with us, there were about 8, had to use the bathroom at Wendy's halfway through. It was fine, and it was fun seeing the kids ooh and aah. I don't really think I'd be interested in doing it again though.

Saturday after work, I rushed home, changed my clothes, gathered my gifts, got mom and her gifts, got grandma and her gifts and we went to my uncle's house for our Family Christmas. There were somewhere around 25 of us. We had a nice dinner, then took a photo of the entire family. Mom and I then did our Christmas ski (see above). Then we had the gift exhange. There's 5 kids in the family, 3, 5, 6, 9, & 12 and all of us always get gifts for them to open. Just as for the last...oh, I don't ten years or so, I was wearing the Santa hat and pulling the gifts off the pile to give to the kids to open. I bitch about it, but it's always a fun job and something I enjoy doing. And then I handed out the cards/gift cards/small gifts to all us older people in the family that we had gotten each other. And then we sat around and talked for a bit until people started leaving.

Both nights were definitely very fun nights! Hanging out with family, one of the reasons I love the Christmas season.

POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

Sounds like a busy but fun time. Glad you had fun with the family and your Grandma is up to getting out and about. Hopefully you'll have a more restful week.