Monday, December 20, 2010

She never did she want adventure but...

Busy busy day for me today. And mom too.

Went to my doctor's appointment at 9:00.
Went to work and gave Mama Polt's Homemade Goodies to work for my coworkers.
Went to Sam's for toilet paper, among other things.
Went to Sears to mom could exchange something.
Went to Target so mom could buy a few things.
Went to Olive Garden for lunch.
Went to the grocery store to pick up some things.
Went to the Credit Union to make some deposits.
Went to the Post office to mail a few packages.

And then back home. WHEW!

Along the way, of course, Mama Polt had some of her adventures:

As we were leaving Sam's, the big fan that blows heat into the building caught her receipt and blew it across the floor. She went after it and bent down twice to try to get it before it blew away again. Finally she just stepped on it to get it. She said the other people in there laughed along with her. I had left instants before her and missed it all.

She forgot to include her peanut brittle in the goodie bags I took to work. She had plenty of cookies, fudge, bon-bons and whatever else she had, but no peaunt brittle. So I have to take that in tomorrow. Later in the afternoon, she walked a few bags of peanut brittle down to my house, however when she got here, she realized she didn't bring enough. So later in the day, she drove the rest of it down here.

In the grocery store, she and I reached seperate do-it-yourself checkout machines at the same time. I had more than her, but when I was finished, she was still fooling around with something. So I took my bags and the small carrier to the exit and left the carrier there, thinking she'd be soon along. She wasn't. And after I waited a bit, I went back to the checkout area. She was just then working her way towards the exit. I asked her what happened, and she started laughing: "The machine wouldn't take any nickels or dimes." I asked why she didn't just put a large bill in and not bother with the change. "It was only three dollars and some change. It just kept spitting the nickels and dimes back out, it wouldn't accept them. It sure did give nickels and dimes back though."

It's ALWAYS an adventure when you go somewhere with Mama Polt!

POLT

No comments: