Monday, January 10, 2011

BITS-N-PIECES

Thanks for A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, I am in the process of rewatching Star Trek: Deep Space 9 on DVD. I got through the season in one week. And I gotta say, while watching it, I realized it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I recalled. Oh, it wasn't really good, the storylines were predictable, the characters uneven, the storylines unimaginative. But, when I was watching it the first time, as it originally aired, Star Trek: The Next Generation was still on and in my opinion, by far the best. And DS9 just couldn't compare to the Next Generation. And it still can't. But watching it now some years after I first saw it, I'm approaching it from a more unbiased viewpoint. I'm actually anxious to see the remaining six seasons.
*******************************************
I've rejoined The Biggest Cock & Rudest Loser over at Cocky & Rude . During the first contest, you may or may not recall, I ended it at exactly the same weight I started it. Boo-hiss. This time around, though, we have like 18 contestants, and we're all teamed up, at least initially. I got teamed with the baldy beautiful Jere and I'm sincerely hoping he can pull his weight...and mine. Cause honestly, I totally suck at weight loss. But you can follow my successes (or failures) over at C&R itself. Weekly results are posted Thursdays, I believe.
*******************************************
Tomorrow I have CPR training at work. It's generally a fun day cause I don't have to actually BE in the office and working, and we get to eat out for lunch, and we have a fun relaxed day. However, this year, with there only being two of us in my department doing the work of three, it just means there'll be that much more work backed up for me to do. Ah well, just enjoy the day away from work and worry about the paperwork when I get back on Wednesday.
*******************************************
Finished my first book of the year yesterday. Did in 8 days. Which is my average from last year. But I already jumped into my second book, and we'll see how quickly I can get through that.
*******************************************
God, my house needs tidying up. Got to put some stuff away, sweep the floors, take down all the Christmas stuff still up...and I don't feel like doing any of them. I did do some laundry today, and some dishes. But I just don't feel motivated to do any of that housekeeping stuff yet. *SIGH* Got to get going on that, dont want to get too far behind in it all.
*******************************************
And of course, what's a Bits-N-Pieces without some eye candy?


And it's inked eye candy, at that!
*******************************************
Update: My coworker called me and said she left work early today with the flu and wouldn't be in tomorrow. I guess that means I won't be going to the CPR class tomorrow, which is okay. Now i have to try to find another class to take. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about the extra day's work piling up.

POLT

4 comments:

stratcat45 said...

YAY! I have CPR tomorrow too!!

Polt said...

You musta read this before I put the update at the bottom. I'm not in CPR tomorrow, cause she's sick. I'll have to take it another time. :(

Tam said...

I haven't done CPR training in years. Not much call for it in my line of work.

I LURV that pictures. Those tats work for me in a big way.

Good luck being all alone today.

Michelle M. said...

It seems I've always had to be CPR/first aid certified for my jobs. Mine expires in April. I'll probably do the challenge, to save from sitting in class for 8 hours.

Good luck with BCRL (especially with Mama Polt's fantastic cooking). But I know you can do it!