Sunday, January 16, 2011

You picked wrong, baby, you picked the wrong way....

Well, once again, the pics I made for the winners of the NFL playoffs are the kiss the of death for those teams.

This week I picked the Ravens over the Steelers, the Falcons over the Packers, the Bears over the Seahawks and the Patriots over the Jets. And of those, only the Bears won. So, this season so far, in eight playoff games, I've got a grand total score of 2-6, just about 33.33%. Whoopee.

SO bearing all this in mind, I give you my picks for next week:

The New York Jets over the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Chicago Bears over the Green Bay Packers. I don't necessary believe those teams will win but I chose them anyway. I got the Bears in the pool at work, so if they make it to the Super Bowl, I get $100 (an additional $40 if they win). And I can't STAND the Steelers fans around work, so if they get to anyone Super Bowl or God forbid, win it, I will NEVER hear the end of it. Bad enough that all this week I'm going to have hear about how the Steelers are the best team to ever play any sport since they came back against the Ravens like they did. These fans will convientantly ignore the fact that if the Ravens hadn't turned to ball over 3 times in the third quarter, the game probably wouldn't have turned out the way it did. In other words, it wasn't so much that the Steelers won it, but that the Ravens lost it.

At any rate, we'll find out next week this time if my horrendous forecasting ability still holds true or not.

POLT

1 comment:

Ray Avito said...

I'm still peeved with the Packers for stomping on and then eliminating the Giants from the playoffs. Right now I'm on the Jets bandwagon.