Thursday, January 13, 2011

Busy, busy, busy, busy day....

As you all should know, Bossy Know-It-All Coworker retired in December (which I'm still celebrating by the way) so that left myself and coworker J there to do the work of three people. Well all this week, J has been out sick with the flu. And she'll be out tomorrow as well.

Can't blame her for having the flu, but damn, that makes this a tough week. Today, especially, I had stuff lined up, and then I had a project to complete, which I did right after lunch, and then, right before I left, there was a snag and I had to stay after to get it all corrected. Didn't have to stay long but still. And of course, in the middle of this, something happened that had to be taken care of RIGHT NOW. It required a phone call, but the person wasnt there to return it, at least not right away. So that kinda put everything else on hold. Eventually that got resolved as well, but it delayed other things.

I was supposed to have CPR this past Tuesday, but since she was sick I didn't go, thinking I'll take it later. She was to take CPR tomorrow, but since she's not going to be there, she's going to take it this coming Tuesday. Which means I'll be alone all this, off Sunday & Monday, and then alone agian on Tuesday. I won't be able to get to my regular work until Wendesday.

And on top of all this, I've got a pile of regular work stuff sitting on my desk that I haven't been able to touch all week. And probably won't until next week. And it'll just sit there getting bigger and bigger every day until I can get to it.

I knew it was gonna be busy and hectic when BKC retired, and it has been. But I didn't expect to be doing the work of three myself. Ah well, it's not like I didn't do this before. A few years ago BKC was off when he husband was ill for a few months, and during that time, J had a planned vacation, so I did Monday through Saturday totally alone. If I could do six days then, I'm certain I can do five days now.

POLT

1 comment:

stratcat45 said...

Welcome to my world!!