Friday, January 28, 2011

Oops, I did it again....

Remember my fun with MRSA escapade last year? I remember it quite well. Well guess what? Yep, I got it again.

Although nowehere near as bad as I had it last time. Mainly cause I didn't wait this time. On Monday or Tuesday (I forgot which) I noticed a pimple on my chest near my left nipple. Through the week, I kept an eye on it and it didn't get better. In fact, it seemed to grow. Didn't look like a pimple though, looked like maybe a hair follicle got infected or something.

Today at work, I showed it to a nurse, asking if it was MRSA. She said it wasn't...yet. But she recommended a visit to the doctor...and not to wait until Monday. So I left work early and off to Urgent Care I went.

I had to wait a longer time this time, but the results were just as great. Everyone was friendly and professional. What happened was the doctor (who looked less like a doctor than the nurse I met first. The doctor was quite funny and she lectured me about diabetes whole time she was working on me.) numbed the area around it, which actually hurt like hell. Not the shot itself so much but rather whatever she was injecting into me, yeah, the burned and hurt. Then, without me looking cause there's no way I'd want to see this, she cut the area and squeezed it out. She said there was MRSA but it was teeny-tiny and she should have gotten the core and all that junk out already.

She said she took a culture and they'll let me know the result. She gave me anti-biotic ointment, told me to use it and hot compresses and it if wasn't better in 5 days, I was to get back to my regular doctor about it.

So thankfully we caught it in time. I didn't wait two weeks or more like the first time. Still, it sucks, but its much better than it could have been had I not been paying attention to it.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Holy crap. Mojo that you caught it in time and that's the end of it.

Polt said...

Oh yeah, truthspew, no doubt that's got something to do with it. Also, the fact I'm diabetic factors in as well.

HUGS...