Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lives forever, these tales are classical...

In an effert to combat my road rage on the way to, and especially the home from, work, I've found a radio station that plays classical music. It's NPR, I believe. At any rate, it keeps me calm and soothed, more or less, throughout thr drive. Despite the idiots I encounter on the roads.

At any rate, I've discovered a few things. I've discovered I like orchestra music, even if I can't always tell which insturments are playing, nor knowing the composers names. Nor actually having even heard of most of the composers when they're names are mentioned.

What I do NOT like is the harpischord. It's screechy. And shrill. Sounds whiny. And every time I hear it, I think of the Addams Family. Nope, don't like it at all. Plus, I've determined I don't like prominent flutes. Flutes as part of the rest of the music is fine, but when there's flute solos or flutes prominently featured, they're just too shrill for my ears. And they sound snotty to boot. Just don't like 'em.

Don't much care for opera either, but that's another post, I suppose.

POLT

1 comment:

adam said...

NPR is usually talk radio -- maybe it's another public station?