Saturday, January 01, 2011

Let it go on new years eve, you had it all...

I spent my New Year's Eve in the tradition I have over the last few years: At the ParisPekings. We had a meal (shrimp, meatballs, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking's homemade chili, vegetable tray, etc). We put the girls to bed. We watched a movie (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, which wasn't as good as it was the first time I saw it in the theater, but it was still entertaining). Ghostie left. Then ALCMDPP and I watched some some SNL skits from Netflix whil Mrs. ALCMDPP fell asleep in the recliner. We couldn't really wake her up for the ball drop. And we even forgot to open the bottle of Asti I brought aloing. And at three minutes after midnight, ALCMDPP said, "Well, I need to get to sleep or I am going to die." Which was my cue to leave. But since I was tired anyway, I got my Asit and left.

Yeah, we know how to party.

I pulled into town about 12:20. I knew mom was having from of her lady friends over, so I thought I'd stop by and wish them a Happy New Years, IF they were still up. When I got there, the lights were on, but everyone had left and mom was cleaning up. She and I talked a few moments and then I left.

Yeah, the party consisting of my 67 year old mother and her similarly aged friends lasted longer than the party with me (43), ALCMDPP (30) and Mrs. ALCMDPP (late 20s). Yeah, we KNOW how to party.

Then I came home, got online, putzed around for way too long doing nothing really and finally got to bed right before 2am.

Yeah, I know how to party, my friends.

I hope your New Year's celebration was just as, if not more, exciting than mine. I'm not sure yours COULD have been less exciting.

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

Oh mine was less exciting my friend. I piddled around on-line writing some reviews and getting my life together on the book front. The kid spent her time mocking the buyers during House Hunters International and finally when the show was over I said "Oh yeah, it's midnight". I then got reading a book and we finally went to bed at 2:30, then I slept until 12:30 today. My system is completely whack now. LOL

So yeah, at least you got some meatballs out of the deal.

adam said...

Why didn't any of you watch Kathy Griffin and Andy Coop?!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Enrico and I embraced life and danced like there was no tomorrow in a cramped, sexxxy & fun-filled gay club in Philly. SO AMAZING!

Michelle M. said...

We went to dinner and then came home and sat on the couch. We toasted with our Asti at 12 Eastern because I was afraid I'd fall asleep before New Years our time. I did doze on and off, but woke up to toast again. Wheee! Party animal.