Friday, June 15, 2012

BITS-N-PIECES

Tried the new salsa.  It is awful.  It's thick like paste, and just...icky tasting.  Not gonna be eating that.  Gonna have to check around at other stores and see if they have the kind I like.  Also, at work today, I tried one of the berry teas I got as a replacement for the tea I liked.  This stuff made me gag.  Gonna be checking other stores for that too.
*************************
Ten years ago, I worked at Borders with a kid named Scott, who I called Poodle, cause he's small, always moving, and talked a LOT....kinda like a cute lil Poodle.  Well anyway, 8 or so years back, he moved to Los Angeles.  I saw on his Facebook he was DC for Pride last weekend!  Course, we didn't run into each other.  But now he tells me he's moving back to near DC, so he's sure we'll see each other again.  Not sure what the circumstances are, but it'll be nice seeing him again.
*************************
So far this month, I've walked on 8 different days, for a total of 4.9 hours and a total distance of 16.69 miles!
*************************
The flowers in the front garden are NOT doing well.  They just dont seem to be growing.  Last year, they went insane bonkers crazy growing.  I've got three planters on the porch wall, one with purple and white flowers, one with red flowers, and one with a variety.  Those flowers ARE going crazy nuts when it comes to growing.  I dont know what the deal is.
************************
I've made of the photo of Josh, me, Travis and Paul from Pride my desktop on my laptop.  And I just noticed tonight, in it, I've got myself draped over the two young, hot guys!  Totally inadvertent, I assure you. but still, not a BIT surprising, is it?
************************
Mom has a parking space next to her house about the size of one in a typical parking lot.  This morning she re-tarred it.  She does this every other year or so.  She had it all roped off to keep people off.  She called me at work this afternoon to tell me that people were staying off, but not Angel.  Mom tried to keep her off of it, but Angel darted on it and got it all over her paws.  And when mom yelled at her, she stepped further into it.  So mom had to spend considerable amount of time cleaning it all off her paws and then smoothing over that portion again.  I was up there on my walk and noticed two or three small little Angle-sized pawprints on the sidewalk, and had to laugh.
*************************
Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces eye candy!



POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Mama Polt is impressive.
Good luck with your flowers. I've been having a hell of a time with my roses It bugs me, because you see the same variety all over the damn place out here, and they all look healthy.

Good job on the walking!!