Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bits-N-Pieces

So what's been going on in my life?

Sunday mom and I made a trip to my uncles house cause I wanted to see their new additions.  They're Bichon Frise (think small, fluffy white poodley dog) had puppies.  She had four, two lived and they're selling those.  But the puppies are only a few weeks old, they're eyes aren't even open yet.  Here they are:

They're sleeping together.  That's really all they did, even most of the time that I held them.

This is Lea (she's got the reddish nose).

This is Mia (she's got the black nose).

ADORABLE, no?
**************************
I've spent about twenty minutes of the last three days de-weeding the front flower bed. Those jaggey kind of weeds (which I THINK are some kind of thistle...but really what do I know of horticulture?) have spread all through it and grown like...well, like weeds.  And I've been neglecting getting them out.  But now they're threatening to overwhelm the flowers.  So I've got to get them out.

I thought I might be able to get it all de-weeded in like a half hour.  Oh but NO was *I* mistaken.  Not only are there more weeds than I thought, and not only are they harder to get out than I thought, but my hips, thighs, knees and calves can only take the bending and squatting for about 15 minutes till they decide not to cooperate anymore.  And I'm done.

But I think I have about 75-80% of the flower bed de-weeded now, so one more time and that should do it. I hope!

Here's some pics of the garden, taken almost every Monday for the last several weeks:





I missed two photos in between the third and fourth one.  That's why the flowers are doing better and there's not many jaggey weeds things (like I've been complaining about) in the last one.  The yellow flowering plants, the purple plant in the back and the tree where there before I moved in, I have no idea what they are.
**************************
Yesterday, deweeding, despite having gloves on, I got a blister on my thumb. Damn big thing too.  It's gonna really hurt as time goes on.  I'm so delicate.  I've spared you all a pic of that.
**************************
It's been unbelievably, gloriously beautiful weather-wise, lately!  Temps in the low 80's, no humidity to speak of, clear or just a few clouds in the sky, a cooling breeze!  Amazing.  Course, they're saying this weekend's supposed to be back up into the high 90's with comparable humidity, ugh.  So I've been trying to enjoy it now while I can.
**************************
Update on Grandma Polt.  Yes, her heart is only working at 30%, but they discovered she also has a bloodclot in her lung.  Which accounts for her troubled breathing, and strain on her heart.  They've given her meds to break it up and are monitoring her.  Today, they put a 'filter' in her leg to prevent any other clots from getting up out of her leg.  Another surgery.  That poor old woman, she's quite the trooper.  And since this is the problem and not just her heart, once it gets cleared up, her heart may improve and she may actually be able to leave.  So any thoughts, prayers or mojo you guys sent this way is greatly appreciated!
**************************
Just found out something today about Johnnie (remember him?  My young friend {well hell, he's like 30 now, and living in Chicago} who's a PhD and who I visited in Bradford PA on the way to Toronto when he was in college there?  Cute lil twinkie boy?  Anyway, on Facebook he goes by Jack, and I questioned him about it, and apparently, that's what he goes by now.  Like in real life.  Like all the time!

My Johnnie's not a Johnnie anymore!  He's a Jack!  Pfft, nope sorry, Jack is too....big...old, MATURE and name for my Lil' Johnnie!  I don't care whatever anyone else calls him, he'll ALWAYS be Johnnie to me!
*************************
FDot texted me this photo yesterday.  He was on a dinner cruise around Manhattan.  


Is that not an inCREDible photo?  Great shot! Thanks FDot!
*************************
And now the Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy.


geez, if they were any tighter they might as well be painted on.  ....and ya know, that would make a great photo too....

POLT


No comments: