Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....

I'm not opposed to change, necessarily, but some piss me off.  Like today, I went to my favorite local grocery, the store that has EVERYTHING I need, and a bunch of stuff I've never even heard of.

And there was NO Lipton Mixed Berry Green Tea!  What?  They got rid of ALL the Lipton Green Teas, except the basic, original no flavor added version.  Blech.  So I had to get some other brand's Berry Blast Green Tea.  Guess we'll see if it's close.
Then, I'm going to get some salsa, and they no longer have the Tostitos Restaurant Style.  WTF?  The regular salsa is too damn chunky, the restaurant style had smaller pieces of stuff in it and was much more liquidy.  So what now?  I guess it's freakin' chunky salsa now.  Blech.


Maybe I could check a different store, we'll see.  But that would be an unnecessary change as well.  *SIGH*

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

You and Kristen would get along, she hates chunky salsa, I'm kind of neutral. We have a new brand here, black label President's choice and you'd probably love the texture. I really like the chipotle flavour, I also bought mango peach salsa but I haven't tried it yet, but definitely not chunky.

I like my green tea, plain though. Hope your new brand tastes okay.

For us it's Canberry/Raspberry juice. We only like Tropicana brand and there's only one store that carries it now. Grrr. HATE Ocean Spray.

Anonymous said...

It's not hard to make your own salsa. Probably healthier too as you can control the amount of salt and other ingredients.

Sort of like guacamole. Two tomatoes, two avocados, onion, garlic and lime juice. Helps to have a food processor, but a plain old cutting board and knife work just as well.

Michelle M. said...

I hate when they discontinue or stop selling my brand. I'm old and crotchety and set in my ways, damnit!
We're Chachies salsa fans, but they no longer carry it in our store. Boo. I'm going to ask them if they'll start stocking it again - sometimes they do. Maybe is you ask your store they'll bring it back (if it wasn't just out of stock or discontinued entirely).

I'll have to try that tea - I wonder if they make it in decaffeinated?

This comment is superlong.