Thursday, June 14, 2012

Call me in three months time and I'll be fine (Part 12)...

THURSDAY THREE

So, what made this past week particularly awesome?

Well DUH it was Pride!  But more specifically...

1) Hanging out with Paul and Travis!


And Josh too for that matter!  Three awesome gay guys who all contributed (along with the Straight Ladies Auxiliary of StratCat and CC) to THE.  Best.  Gay.  Pride. Parade.  Experience.  EVAH!  And getting to hang out with Paul again was great cause I didn't really get to talk to him much the first time.  And getting to hang out with Travis for the first (but hopefully not last) time, was great cause he's such a blast.  And taking Josh to his first ever Pride Parade!  Love it!  I still remember my first, and fondly think of Carl and Harley who got me there.  And now Josh will always have these great memories!

2) The Parade itself!

 
Oh, the Parade!  The half nekkid men!  The multi-color bead necklaces!  The cute kids and puppies!  The half-nekkid men!  The drag queens!  Gay cops!  The half-nekkid men! The candy!  The condoms!  The half-nekkid men!  The costumes!  The laughter! The half-nekkid men! The Dancing Cowboys! The floats! The half-nekkid men!  The fun!  The picture taking! The half-nekkid men!  The male stippers and go-go dancers!! PFLAG!  Oh, and did I mention the half-nekkid men?  EVERYTHING is better with half-nekkid men!

3) Getting to The Lodge!


Thanks for Paul and Travis, I FINALLY made it up to The Lodge, even though it's been there for like a year and a half.  And man, was it amazing!  Paul and Travis both agreed it totally kicked the ass of any of the clubs around where they live on Long Island.  And the music was, honestly, the best I had ever heard at any local club.  And now, I'm itching to go back.  So I might finally get back into the swing of things locally!

So, even if you didn't make it to the DC Pride Parade, what made your week a little bit more FABulous than it may have otherwise been?

POLT

No comments: