Wednesday, June 20, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shows (Part 13)...

So I just finished the book Trail Of Time.


And it was bad.  Bad as in not good.  Even though Superman was an intergral part of it, he's the only A-Lister from DC that was.  There was Zatanna, a B-Lister, and then everyone else was lower letters of the alphabet:  Phantom Stranger, Etrigan, Dr. Occult, Jonah Hex, Bat Lash, Scalphunter, El Diablo, some other western guy, and Lois Lane.  The villians were first rate: Vandal Savage, Mordru and Felix Faust, but they're wasted here.  And it even involved alternate universes and time travel, two of my favorite comic plots, but here, nope.  Not even they could interest me.

There are like 6 or so different stories taking place, most of which get all tied together (the Lois Lane one doesn't) and are all brought together.  But even when that happens, it's not interesting.  And the Lois Lane storyline, what the HELL was that?  Just filler, I presume.

The book never grabbed me.  Or my interest.  It's only about 350 pages, and it took me three damn weeks to get through it. Seriously, I can read 350 in less than a week if I'm into it.  But this book...nope.

I've read a few other books put out by DC about 6 years ago, all around the same time. And those that I read were extremely well done.  I've had this one since then, and never got around to reading it until now.  And now I almost wish I hadn't.  It was truly that awful.

Stay away from it.

POLT

No comments: